Help with Adobe PDF file

Hi

I have a large document on Adobe and have emailed it to my laptop. The following message comes up when i try to open it from the email. I have downloaded the latest Adobe reader but the same message still comes up. Any ideas please

Thank you GG

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF

viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by

visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark

of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other

countries.

You could try saving the document first, I have had to do this in the past.

Copy the PDF document over to your documents folder and then try opening it.

If I open it from download, it seems to be viewed as a web page. however, if I right mouse click I have the open to "show in folder". That seems to be working. Thanks for your help all GG

You don't need overblown Adobe Reader - use Sumatra pdf - get it from:

ninite.com

For just reading Sumatra does the job - just had a refresher look at FoxIt and it jogged my memory of another excellent freebie:

Master PDF Creator which can also edit XPS files and allow you to sign your name - just like Foxit - I used Master PDF Creator whilst working on the unofficial manual for Zorin. It is cross-platform to boot and free for personal use:

http://code-industry.net/pdfeditor.php

Foxit is a good (free) product but for some reason they are now foisting Foxit Cloud onto users. I haven't found an opting out tick box when installing so it's a case of going into Programmes and removing it if you have no use for it. As per usual with free programmes the usual caveat applies - check the install process and terms before ticking 'I agree'. Also obtain it from the Foxit site itself.

Master pdf creator is also a good (free) product! ;)

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe