Facials what do they do?

Never been for one of these and was wondering what is actually done anyone?

It really depends on the sort of facial that you're going for. General facials include deep cleansing, gentle exfoliation, face massage, hydration and looking at any issues you may have with your skin and targeting products to those issues, but depending on the product/type of facial you're having how they go about these things may vary.

There are all sorts of different facials- some use electric currents to stimulate the facial muscles to tone up or use microdermabrasion machines- but if you book in for those you'll be booking in for a specific course of that, rather than just for a 'facial'.

If you were to book for just a 'facial' you'd just come out quite relaxed, and with deep cleaned, exfoliated and moisturised skin :)

It really depends on the sort of facial that you're going for. General facials include deep cleansing, gentle exfoliation, face massage, hydration and looking at any issues you may have with your skin and targeting products to those issues, but depending on the product/type of facial you're having how they go about these things may vary.

There are all sorts of different facials- some use electric currents to stimulate the facial muscles to tone up or use microdermabrasion machines- but if you book in for those you'll be booking in for a specific course of that, rather than just for a 'facial'.

If you were to book for just a 'facial' you'd just come out quite relaxed, and with deep cleaned, exfoliated and moisturised skin :)

Thanks for replying I could with relaxing :) I am middle aged but still suffering from blocked pores and have tried all sorts but they are still there. My skin in quite sensitive too and the scrubs and cleansers I have tried make my face blotchy and red :(

A decent salon will tailor the type of treatment to your needs, sensitive skin etc

They often use gently steam to open up blocked pores and then apply some sort of cleanser or mask. I would suggest finding a place that uses decent products which are less likely to irritate your skin, although a you may look a bit blotchy afterwards, it should fade quickly. Expect to pay upwards of £35 for a good facial

A decent salon will tailor the type of treatment to your needs, sensitive skin etc

They often use gently steam to open up blocked pores and then apply some sort of cleanser or mask. I would suggest finding a place that uses decent products which are less likely to irritate your skin, although a you may look a bit blotchy afterwards, it should fade quickly. Expect to pay upwards of £35 for a good facial

Thanks Aribanne. Feel more confident about going to have one now :)

I do free facials as a way to demo the products I sell. PM me if you are interested. x