Advice on dead tree in rented property

i have a dead tree at least 50 foot high in the garden. i have told the landlord about this.and he say i must pay to have it cut. down he says garden is my responsibility garden yes but 50 foot trees. how much will this cost and is it my responsibility, any help welcome

You could leave it until it falls down onto the landlords house then see how quickly it becomes his responsibility...

Would cost a few hundred to have it removed professionally. A big tree in a small garden has to be taken down bit by bit, not felled and chopped up. See my video.

i have a dead tree at least 50 foot high in the garden. i have told the landlord about this.and he say i must pay to have it cut. down he says garden is my responsibility garden

Ask L to be so kind as to point out by what means you supposedly became responsible.

The tree finally blew over Monday night, so i called them and they sent someone out to take a look. They said it was an health and safety issue and went away. They came back today and said its my responsibility because the tree fell away from their property. So im left with a large tree, which is still partially standing, leaning across my garden. I cant afford to have the tree taken out, and i cant take it out myself. So what am i supposed to do ? Wait until it falls on someone or something.

It's the landlords responsibility, it's not yours.

Tell the landlord is about to fall over and he will be liable for the cost of any damage.

It might be worth getting it in writing as well, keeping a copy for yourself.

Don't forget to add in the letter than you have previously notified him about said tree several months earlier but they had ignored the issue and allowed it to get worse.

You really do need to look at your renal agreement. Usually somewhere in there it will say that either The Landlord or the Tenant is responsible. You are the tenant. If you find it difficult to understand the agreement because it is not written in plain language. You could ask for help from Citizens Advice or Shelter. They may have someone who can help sort out the legal language for you. Once you have the responsibility sorted out then you can look at the problem of dealing with the tree.

There may be someone on the forum who would cut it up and take it away to use in a wood burning stove.

The person who is responsible for the garden is responsible for everything in it, that is usually the Tenant. Whoever has the responsibility for the garden also has the right to dispose of products of the garden(unless there is a clause which denies this right). The products of the garden include any fruit, vegetables, cuttings and anything the householder/ person responsible for the garden wishes to dispose of.

It's the landlords responsibility, it's not yours.

Tell the landlord is about to fall over and he will be liable for the cost of any damage.

It might be worth getting it in writing as well, keeping a copy for yourself.

Don't forget to add in the letter than you have previously notified him about said tree several months earlier but they had ignored the issue and allowed it to get worse.

Ya talking garbage here and this is the sort of crap that get people into trouble. If the tenancy agreement state that the tenant is responsible for the garden area,then the tenant is responsible for everything in the garden.

If the tenancy agreement state that the tenant is responsible for the garden area,then the tenant is responsible for everything in the garden.

"IF the tenancy agreement state that the tenant is responsible for the garden"

The tree isn't rotten is it? Has it fully fallen over?

What sort of tree is it?

The tree finally blew over Monday night, so i called them and they sent someone out to take a look. They said it was an health and safety issue and went away. They came back today and said its my responsibility because the tree fell away from their property. So im left with a large tree, which is still partially standing, leaning across my garden. I cant afford to have the tree taken out, and i cant take it out myself. So what am i supposed to do ? Wait until it falls on someone or something.

put it in the free/swap section and ask anyone wanting to come and chop it up to bring their own chainsaw. as a added bonus offer free tea and biscuits while they work :thumbsup: job done