Wharncliffe Pub Firthpark Closing Down?

It needed closing I had the misfortune of going in with some friends a couple of years ago to an event happening there it was horrible and as my mate so eloquently put it like a holding pen for the Jeremy Kyle show!

The place was a doss hole for sure.

One of the regulars told me it was closing for a month then re-opeening as one of those real pubs.In fact 2 or 3 people have told me the same.

---------- Post added 06-08-2015 at 22:53 ----------

One of the regulars told me it was closing for a month then re-opeening as one of those real pubs.In fact 2 or 3 people have told me the same.

Sorry,real ale pubs.

An ideal place for a new mosque

As an agnostic I would much rather have a Mosque on my doorstep than a white trash pub.

Planning permission has been submitted to convert the pub into a 30 bed HMO. The neighbour consultation period has not expired (17th March) and work is already being done on the building.

http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=O2SH2DNY0IS00

And planning permission has been granted to turn the garages next door into a community centre, despite objections from neighbours in the immediate vicinity.

30 bed hmo, we all know who this will house dont we.

Be nice to actually know what kind of people will be housed here. Sounds like a done deal to me. We only received a proposal today. This is a residential street. Will there be people hanging around at all hours. How can a proper objection be given without adequate information/time scale to do so?

Yeah they have already started doing things to the building. I thought it was just the windows and stuff, but apparently shower screens have been delivered. Like you said, it sounds like a done deal. We aren't even getting a letter, despite the fact that the windows overlook our garden, and there will be an entrance at the side of the building which will also overlook us.

Its probably going to house doctors, solicitors and teachers and other professional people.

Be nice to actually know what kind of people will be housed here. Sounds like a done deal to me. We only received a proposal today. This is a residential street. Will there be people hanging around at all hours. How can a proper objection be given without adequate information/time scale to do so?

from an email dated 4th March.

"We are letting to nurses mainly from Northern general, there will NOT be a high concentration ofsocial tenants. Most of our tenants don't require parking and given the close proximity to the bus routes and main shopping area and the hospital this will not be an issue.

All the rear will be fenced off and protected and bins to be stored at the back. If not then we can store them at the front in the fenced off area. All the fencing is required to protect the property and inhabitants.

Please can you advise the council that we are looking to provide much needed accommodation to workers in the area, also good quality and we will be improving what is a run down and disused building. Effectively we are looking to add to the regeneration of the area."

Im Suprised it stopped open as long as it did...it used be the best pub in Firth park at one time when Nigel was the landlord.no pubs in Firth park left now just the Idsworth club and lane top club for a drink....

list of pubs clubs gone in the Firthpark area

Horseshoe

Pheasant

Huntsman

Shiregreen hotel

Magnet

Firth park hotel

Sicey hotel

Basset

Foundry

Loads in the area I cant rember...

Where do you get your info. The Basset is still open and neither that or the Magnet are anywhere near Firth Park. As for the rest apart from the Pheasant, it's good riddance to bad rubbish. Are you sure you're not confusing the Bassett with the Beagle

Who'said the email from? Be good if that is the case

Please can people, if they are against this development, please submit an objection on the link at the bottom of page 2. The deadline is Thursday 17th March. So far there are 13 objections and no support.