Big Issue banned by Waitrose

Andy is now working outside John Lewis in Barkers Pool.

It will always be Cole brothers to me lol

Andy is now working outside John Lewis in Barkers Pool.

Thanks for the update. Any news on if Waitrose have got another big issue seller or was their reason for getting rid of Andy the fact they dont want one there at all as one or two middle class people have complained.

They didn't have another seller there a month ago, and it wasn't just a random day, I was going for lunch everyday.

They don't seem to have a replacement.

The idea that Waitrose is populated by the white middle classes is completely erroneous. Although there is this element, the majority of customers are students and people from the large nearby council estate.

The idea that Waitrose is populated by the white middle classes is completely erroneous. Although there is this element, the majority of customers are students and people from the large nearby council estate.

Waitrose are very good for getting one or two things you can't get from another supermarket, but I couldn't afford to do my weekly shop there! Morrisons for me. I'm surprised that students can afford to shop there, unless, like me, they're getting the odd item

I find it fairly accessible to people of all persuasions. Waitrose is more expensive but has a greater variety of quality foods.

I shop a combo of waitrose, M&S and occasionally Morissons or even Tesco if on the hoof.

Am glad they moved this homeless fellow on. Never bothered me before but it's not the kind of thing you want to be dealing with whilst getting your bits.

Why do you imagine that he has no home? You're a little bit obsessed.

The vital support that we offer through the Foundation helps vendors in their personal journeys' away from homelessness.

And to say that you're so keen to help school children who do have homes, it's surprising that you can't or won't show any empathy for those who don't and need help to get back on their feet.

Why do you imagine that he has no home? You're a little bit obsessed.

I really dont know the fellow...it's a supermarket not a charity.

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 14:36 ----------

And to say that you're so keen to help school children who do have homes, it's surprising that you can't or won't show any empathy for those who don't and need help to get back on their feet.

Nobody should be homeless in this day and age. We have mechanisms in place to prevent this.

I don't prescribe to your brand of namby pamby liberalism. And don't choose to simply ignore anti-social behaviour.

I really dont know the fellow...

Hence why I was surprised at you jumping to conclusions.

it's a supermarket not a charity.

He wasn't asking them for money, or indeed any charity.

Nobody should be homeless in this day and age. We have mechanisms in place to prevent this.

Not very good ones.

I don't prescribe to your brand of namby pamby liberalism. And don't choose to simply ignore anti-social behaviour.

You can see from this thread that he was anything except anti-social. He was perfectly polite whilst offering to sell you a magazine.

You're not in favour of people sorting out their life through selling a product? Which is commonly known as capitalism, not liberalism. Instead you'd rather he do what, claim benefits I suppose if you're going to stop him making money by selling something.

I don't think you really think these things through at all.

You're not in favour of people sorting out their life through selling a product?

Not while I'm trying to purchase my jaques st coquille and evian, no.

Move on sir. I said GOOD DAY SIR!

Which is commonly known as capitalism, not liberalism.

neo liberal capitalism. But go on.

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 15:24 ----------

You can see from this thread that he was anything except anti-social. He was perfectly polite whilst offering to sell you a magazine.

Like I said, never knew the fellow. I don't know what you're trying to prove? :confused:

Go on what? You said it was liberalism to 'allow' him to sell something. You also thought it was some form of charity.