Alleged assault on shoplifter in Tescos

T

he man – who we are not naming – was seen dancing in the freezer aisle in Sheffield, South Yorks, waving a fairy wand.

Maybe he cast a spell on the manager ;)

Which branch was it in?

I don't know.

Right before you jump to any conclusions... the article states the thief is to appear in COURT next month over allegations of shoplifting. Do you know how many times you need to get caught before you end up in court?

And to go to court over a bottle of shampoo would suggest to me that this person has been in prison before for shoplifting and has broken some kind of court order against him.

As for the assault allegations, this sounds to me like a bitter member of staff, probably one of the know it all, old women sat moaning on the tills have called the police or the mirror newspaper and accused their boss of been heavy handed in dealing with a shoplifter.

The manager will have to justify his actions to the police, not the daily mirror.

Right before you jump to any conclusions...

...... would suggest to me.....

this sounds to me......

Yes. Best not jump to conclusions.

Yes. Best not jump to conclusions.

Perhaps not the best opening statement, but I work in this industry and trust me, that bloke is prolific if he is ending up in court over shampoo.

Quite clearly a known shoplifting to go to court. Your first offences you get a ticket for so looks like there is 2 sides to this story. Possibly a violent shoplifter or some thing a like

How did this not make the local newspaper? They love stories like this don't they?

How did this not make the local newspaper? They love stories like this don't they?

:hihi:

Well it will now it's been on here! ;)

Thers an article on the ITV website about this incident now...

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2015-06-10/i-feared-for-my-life-says-vulnerable-man-detained-by-supermarket-workers/

The shoplifter, who is not being identified due to his mental health issues but is known as "Simon", was given a conditional discharge after admitting stealing the goods and causing criminal damage to a table when he appeared before Sheffield Magistrates on 8 June
Edited by nikki-red

Mother says:

"But he is a gentle soul"

Son says:

"I threw the table and chair across the room"

The very definition of "gentle soul", there.