Best way to repell cats from the front garden

Recently dug some boarders and planted some flowers etc. over the past few days the local cats have been using a corner of the new boarder as a toilet! :gag:

I've been reading lots of homemade sprays and powders etc. what actually works? Any ideas would be appreciated :-)

Tiger poo. I know, sounds ridiculous, but my Mum used it and it worked a charm. You can buy it online (you are also sponsoring zoos when buying it ;) )

Try some raised chicken wire, they wont be able to dig or rest on the soil.

I had this problem last year, they were soiling my rose bush. I used barbed wire hidden away in the bush. A few cuts later and most cats stayed away.

A bucket of hot (not boiling water) did for the last persistent cat.

Tiger or lion poo is one alternative. Others include:

Get a super soaker type water pistol and get these cats wet to show them that their presence is not appreciated. It's unpleasant for them but it's not harmful and it also hisses like a REALLY big cat which is also important.

Cover the area in sharp stone chips as a mulch. Pea gravel feels like cat litter under the paws, but sharp stone chips are really unpleasant on the paws.

Put lots of slightly scrunched up silver foil over the beds as a temporary measure. Very strange light reflection and spiky under the paws, allowing it to act as a natural deterrent.

Many people swear by citronella oil or lemon/orange peel and I'm sure that they do deter some cats, but I had one who used to play with orange peel or eat it, so it wouldn't work with her.

There is also a plant called scardie cat. They Dont like the smell. When it flowers its pretty. Also eucalyptus oil works pretty well.:help:

I'd get new tenants, ones that don't attract cats.

If you've got a holly bush or some twiggy plant (which won't root) you can use, break off some stems and push them into the ground over the whole area. Cats prefer newly dug areas so you can take them out after a few weeks.