Working Class Sheffield

can some body explain this so called class "system" sir Richard Branson would talk to any body on the street and so would most of the people in his class what ever that is, the upper class Lords Barons etc etc i think would still talk to you with out looking down their nose. the only class difference in England now is snobbery, eg a working man/woman who thinks they are better than others.

Nobody claimed that the class system prevents people from talking to each other did they?

Nobody claimed that the class system prevents people from talking to each other did they?

no they did not, please explain it to me

I'll pass on that and instead suggest that you google it.

I am also Elite.

I've looked at this survey before, if you put that you have a high income then I think it pops up as elite no matter what else you put.

Yep, just test it, put that you have a household income >100k, don't put anything else at all and it says "Elite"... Pretty simplistic.

I am also Elite.

I've looked at this survey before, if you put that you have a high income then I think it pops up as elite no matter what else you put.

Yep, just test it, put that you have a household income >100k, don't put anything else at all and it says "Elite"... Pretty simplistic.

Seems you are right. I thought you were wrong as I just tried it and got something difference (despite thinking I clicked the highest amounts for income and savings etc) but I must have clicked the wrong box. Tried again and yes it would seem whether or not you are classed as 'elite' depends entirely on income.

Edited by Robin-H

I am also Elite.

There can be only one...... :)

There can be only one...... :)

Oooooo posh boy fight, like the one in Bridget Jones!!!!!

Oooooo posh boy fight, like the one in Bridget Jones!!!!!

Have a go at defining "posh"..

Have a go at defining "posh"..

Do you wear a flat cap?

Do you or have you ever owned a whippet?

Do you come back from work covered in coal dust?

Do you eat bread and dripping?

If the answer to any of those is no you're an elietist Tory, thatcher loving posh boy.

Now battle posh boys!!!