Please help- how do I use Brook Hill Roundabout (University)

I'm an instructor and personally i tell my students to go in the left lane. Then exit down netherthorpe road in the left lane.

More experienced drivers can do it in the middle lane and exit in the right lane or check left mirror after last exit and move to left if clear.

However this roundabout reminds me of the champs elyees or marble arch roundabout. It can be like Wacky Races :D

But i'd like to ask why isn't your instructor giving you this info? Doesn't he tell you when approaching this roundabout?

Some amusing answers above. The straight forward arrows are for Broad Lane as taxi drivers will know for their taxi test. But as above the turn left lane for left lane Netherthorpe Rd. straight forward lane for right lane Netherthorpe Road and hope you dont clip anyone as you could be in the wrong lane technically.

Nightmare that roundabout for any driver. Like said above, it is like Wacky races setting off to get on it.

From my experience its best to close your eyes, mash the accelerator and hope for the best!

That was obviously the City Cars driver's policy this afternoon, when I was almost rammed, approaching from Netherthorpe Road.

Left lane OK if you exit into the LH Lane of Netherthorpe Rd.However ,middle Lane also OK if you exit into the RH lane of Netherthorpe Rd.

It was so much more exciting when they had the experimental mini roundabouts at each intersection so that you could avoid going all the way round the roundabout if turning right.

Can't understand why this didn't catch on.:)

That was brilliant. I used to go out of my way just to use the roundabout then.

Scary...but fun.:)

That was brilliant. I used to go out of my way just to use the roundabout then.

Scary...but fun.:)

If I remember correctly, they tried several different experimental roundabout designs at around the same time - mainly in the form of different sized roundabouts, each with varying numbers of driving lanes.

This is a silly question everyone knows that you speed up to at least 60mph ignore the lights and just aim you bonnet at a tiny space all the muppets will then stop and let you through problem solved.

I'm currently learning to drive, and this roundabout is causing me some real problems as I find it really scary. My main question is this- when coming from Brook Hill, what lane do I use to go down Netherthorpe Road (second exit on left)?

On approach, I can either take the left arrow or the straight ahead arrow. Which lane does this exit fall under?

Also, should you end up in the right or left lane of Netherthorpe Road, and how does your initial lane effect this?

Sorry if this sounds very silly- I don't want to cause any accidents!

I use the left hand lane to go to the left hand lane of Netherthorpe Rd, or the middle lane of Brook Hill to go to the right hand lane of Netherthorpe Rd.

I'd not recommend learning to drive in such a busy area though.

You could always try turning right at the junction :roll:

You could always try turning right at the junction :roll:

Not particularly helpful if you want to go left though. :huh:

I know it's been mentioned in other posts some years ago, but this particular roundabout once featured in a driving experiment where you could you navigate it by going either way around it.....

Left lane OK if you exit into the LH Lane of Netherthorpe Rd.However ,middle Lane also OK if you exit into the RH lane of Netherthorpe Rd.

It was so much more exciting when they had the experimental mini roundabouts at each intersection so that you could avoid going all the way round the roundabout if turning right.

Can't understand why this didn't catch on.:)

wrong - the middle lane has an arrow for straight on only.

https://goo.gl/c2H84R

The correct lane is the left one , then stay in left lane on netherthorpe road and only then move into right hand lane as you go down the hill if safe (and if you need to.