Stereo turntable Repairs

Yep, stretched drive belt is the most common cause, old waxy grease on models with a flywheel, 'lumpy' motor on direct drive, tired variable resistor on pitch control slider and on more recent units the pitch control is adjusted optically (look up strobe dots) either automatically with electronics or by an adjustment underneath the deck.

I'm in Sheffield. It's an Akai AP D33. Direct drive so no belt. Checked online and it's something to do with resistors but I have no clue

---------- Post added 01-06-2015 at 23:23 ----------

Forgot to mention that it works fine at 4 5pm but too slow at 33 rpm. I have adjusted it from inside buts it's at its maximaximum. Anyone out there who can fix it? It's too good a turn table to throw out

I can take a look but it might not be cheap or a guaranteed fix. I try to avoid using Servisol on those resistors because of the plastic casings on them. Deoxit is about £20 a can and I don't keep it in stock I'm afraid.

Changing the trim-potentiometers and the capacitors is not a problem but comes in as a second solution to cleaning up the pitch control resistor. PM me if you want to drop it off, it might take a couple of days though while I wait for the Deoxit to arrive.

I can take a look but it might not be cheap or a guaranteed fix. I try to avoid using Servisol on those resistors because of the plastic casings on them. Deoxit is about £20 a can and I don't keep it in stock I'm afraid.

Changing the trim-potentiometers and the capacitors is not a problem but comes in as a second solution to cleaning up the pitch control resistor. PM me if you want to drop it off, it might take a couple of days though while I wait for the Deoxit to arrive.

Appreciate this, however, it wont allow me to PM you as I have not posted enough!:( Any chance you can PM me with contact?)