Which DSLR for £300?

I'm looking to spend approx £300 on a DSLR. I'm not sure of the differences between the canon 100D/1000D and the Nikons in this price range so any advice would be welcome. I'm also considering the pentax K50 but this would be slightly out of my budget really.

Are there any options i'm missing? (not a fan of Sony).

Thanks for the help

Why don't you have a look at a used D90 you should be able to pick one up with a couple of lens for around that.

Thanks for the reply. I can pick up a D90 around the £200 Mark off eBay but I'm kinda thinking along the lines of new might be better. What does the D90 offer that the new ones don't? It's been a few years since I did any photography so my knowledge is sketchy.

The Nikon D3300 seems to be pretty good at this price range.

D3200 its great for the money and one of the best entry level DSLR's, the 100D is good light weight camera but the image quality is better on the Nikon.

stay away from the 1200D very old sensor in it with not very good low light performance

D3200 its great for the money and one of the best entry level DSLR's, the 100D is good light weight camera but the image quality is better on the Nikon.

stay away from the 1200D very old sensor in it with not very good low light performance

Thanks for the reply. I don't suppose you know what the D3300 is like? From what i can gather it is better than anything else in this bracket right now

Yes the D3300 is better than the D3200 in a lot of ways and there is a offer of cash back from Nikon running at the mo.

I am now the owner of a shiny Nikon D3300. Thanks for the replies peeps :)

I am now the owner of a shiny Nikon D3300. Thanks for the replies peeps :)

It's a very capable little camera, I would recommend buying a 35mm 1.8 for it. It's the first prime I bought for mine and use it quite a lot.

Not sure of the best place to buy that from. There's plenty of cheap ones on ebay but those don't have AF. I also want a 70-200 as i think this will be my main usage. Any ideas of a good one? Preferably not at £800 ;)

Not sure of the best place to buy that from. There's plenty of cheap ones on ebay but those don't have AF. I also want a 70-200 as i think this will be my main usage. Any ideas of a good one? Preferably not at £800 ;)

I buy nearly all my camera gear used on eBay, and the majority of it from this seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/alldigital0869

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

You can pick one up in jessops for around £140 or sometimes harrisons cameras have second hand ones.

Prime lenses can be good for learning about composition and it's useful for low light situations with it being 1.8.

I use the 35mm and 50mm a fair bit.

I buy nearly all my camera gear used on eBay, and the majority of it from this seller: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/alldigital0869

I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Thanks. Nothing there for me right now but i'll keep checking.

You can pick one up in jessops for around £140 or sometimes harrisons cameras have second hand ones.

Prime lenses can be good for learning about composition and it's useful for low light situations with it being 1.8.

I use the 35mm and 50mm a fair bit.

I think i'll be trying the 50mm f/1.8 prime first. At just over £100 it'd be rude not to. But firstly i have a week in Scotland. It's a pity i'll only have the kit lens but i'll mostly be learning about this little beast anyway.