Abbeydale Secondary School,Sheffield

Thanx for letting me know and I will try my best to be there

I was at King Ecgberts when the schools merged, I remember Boss Cartwright and the influx of boys from abbeydale which was very welcome at the time as we were previously an all girls school. I remember the school disco with the school band ultimate --- (forgot) with Cary Bayliss in it.

my dad has been hoping to go to a reunion.hes just turned 60.shame ive just read the post.his name is ernest edwards.

Hi there

The next one is on the 16th of October and then on the 6th November

He is the same age as me ask if he remembers any one called Janet Cowley

hi am still getting the hang of this new to the site so bear with me. I remember all the teachers mentioned apart from mr wilson. I was at Abbeydale from 1966-69 before we were sent to King Ecgberts a very sad time. Does anyone remember Mrs Jones always wore loads of make up and dead smart clothes I'm sure Mr Lawrence fancied her. Also Mr Nicel, and then Mr Barge and Mr Dean for science and Mrs Gwynne for PE? Also playing stuball in PE dont know if that the right spelling.

Hi I remember Mr. Nicel very well, he was my form teacher for a while, he found me and my mate in the stock room at the back of the classroom once and locked us in for 10 minutes. Great times lol

Hi I thought Mr Nicel was the best wonder whats happened to him. Does anyone remember having to go to Duchess Rd for domestic science and being taught by Mrs Younghusband. We once mixed the salt with the sugar in the pantry, and got caught smoking in the loos sharing a cigarette between four of us, had to write lines as a punishment. Also having to go to Abbeydale Grange for games and walking along Abbeydale Rd past Woods shop which seemed to sell absolutely everything.

I remember going to Duchess Road, Miss Younghusband was always telling me off. I remember one day I pretended to see a mouse in the class and shouted it out. She was furious and I got detention for it, but it was a good crack at the time.

Would love to knowe what happened to Mr. Nicel, he was the best teacher we had.

Hi only just joined this site just thought I'd respond to your message of three years ago, I think you may mean Jane Grant, she had blonde hair. Also I remember Katherine Harrison and her best friend was Karen Ramsden she had long dark hair

Apologies for not replying sooner.

Do you remember Harry Roberts the PE teacher & Mr Gomersall - Mrs Murray - can't remember many more. Perhaps you could remind me.

As for the pupils, I was in a class with Katherine Harrison ( used to fancy her rotten ) Julie Ramsden - I think that was her first name - Carol Simmonite, Julie Green - Shaun Jackson,Robert Millington,Steve Kenyon - and the fantastic football team - Steve Merrill,Graham Hyde,Tony Wood,Dave Arliss,Steve Jennings - God, I can't remember many more.

Went back to have a look at it a while ago - sems very,very small and a bit tatty but it was a fantastic place to go to and it brought back vague and ghostly memories.

I'm sure there was another girl called 'Grant' that I went to King Ecgberts with. Very good looking blond. I keep coming up with 'Julie' for some reason on all the girls' names, but I was more interested in football than girls at that time.

sorry for not responding sooner just joined this site I rmeember all these people but I think it was Michael Kenyon unless he had a brother. Katherine Harrisons friend was Karen Ramsden and I think you might be thinking of Jane Grant she had blonde hair