Abbeydale Secondary School,Sheffield

I left Abbeydale 1962 (am I the oldest?) My name was Gloria Pleasance my brother was Tony (he lives in Australia now) he left 1960. I remember Mr Wilson took maths and he could throw chalk and hit the person speaking without looking away from the blackboard!Does anyone remember the swimming galas at Broadfield Road baths, and the drink shop afterwards next to Abbeydale Cinema (Sasparella was wonderfull) I have just missed April reunion can anyone tell me when the next one is?

I remember the broadfield road baths gloria and the footbaths you had to use first , still got the veruccas ah happy days ??????????????????

I have only just joined this site it is so good, I joined Friends Reunited ages ago and never heard from anyone.

Me to sent loads of messages only a couple answered , could it be my perfume ??????

I left Abbeydale 1962 (am I the oldest?) My name was Gloria Pleasance my brother was Tony (he lives in Australia now) he left 1960. I remember Mr Wilson took maths and he could throw chalk and hit the person speaking without looking away from the blackboard!Does anyone remember the swimming galas at Broadfield Road baths, and the drink shop afterwards next to Abbeydale Cinema (Sasparella was wonderfull) I have just missed April reunion can anyone tell me when the next one is?

Hi Gloria, your name seems familiar though I left a year after you. I think the swimming instuctor at Broadfield Rd baths was called Mr Ward.

Hi pipsmum what year did you leave Abbeydale

Hi lindilu 1965 o m g a long time now ,

Hi pipsmum, did you know my sister Christine Bellamy I think she may have been in the same year as you but as you said o.m.g its such a long time ago.

I think the swimming instructor was Mr Wall not Ward.I remember the name Christine Bellamy John Chapman and a Neil Armstrong .

Neil Armstrong did i have a crush on him , knew him from Abbeydale juniors and then through to seniors

Lindilu i do remember Christine Bellamy , there were alot of Christines , i was in Mr Cartwrights class in my final year then i moved to Mr Glasbys cos i wasnt staying on

Neil Armstrong did i have a crush on him , knew him from Abbeydale juniors and then through to seniors

Lindilu i do remember Christine Bellamy , there were alot of Christines , i was in Mr Cartwrights class in my final year then i moved to Mr Glasbys cos i wasnt staying on

I think a lot of the girls including our Chris had a crush on Neil.

Yes Peter you're right now I remember it was Mr Wall

lindilu I remember your sister Christine ask her if she was in Mrs Coopers rounders and netball team. We used to meet Sat mornings and some schools we went to had showers and proper dining rooms (and indoor loos!) but we would always win!