Abbeydale Secondary School,Sheffield

Hi Dawn

I left in 1964 and Mr Spooner became head then. Do you remember Mr Wilson well he's still alive and looks no different than when he taught then. Mrs Cooper is still around. There is a school reunion every month at the Beachief hotel at Abbey lane. I was there last Saturday. Janet

When are the school reunions at the Beachief Hotel and are they for anyone who went to Abbeydale School?

yes there for all school pupils. The next ones in April, ill find out the date and pass it on.

What year was you at school. This is better than Friends reunited got more response.

Hello All , i left Abbeydale in 1965 ,MrCartwright was my form teacher,Just afew names to remember

Anne Duncombe

Susan Harrison

Yvonne Valantine

Stephen Fogg

Derrick Cocker

David Rushton and many more

Mr Glasbey maths ugh!!

Mr Wilson and Mrs Bartlett

Mr Lawrence and Mrs Cooper

Hope this has brought back a few memories, good of course

And me Christine Harrison

Hi Christine

I was Janet Cowley at school. Mrs Bartlett is no longer with us and I think Mr Wilson said Mr Spooner had passed away. Mrs Cooper is still around, was only talking to them last Saturday. Am going to the next reunion in April with some school photos. Ill post the date when I find out.

Hi Janet thanks for your reply , you are right much better than friende reunited and people , will answer shame about Mrs Bartlett , i dont think we realize we are all getting older ,and on that cheery note i will say my goodbye s , keep in touch

Hi Every one

The next reunion for all Abbeydale pupils is on the 19th April at the Beachief hotel, Abbey Lane at 11am. There is also a meeting on the 24th of April at Abbeydale School at 4pm to see the old school if any one wants to. Hope to see you there.

I would have loved to attend the reunion but unfortunately I already have something on on the 19th April but please keep me informed of future reunions.

Marie

I left Abbeydale in 63 but I remember Ann Duncombe, Christine Harrison and the others as they were in my sisters year. My sister is Christine Bellamy if anyone remembers her.

Mr Johnson was head when I was there also Christine Moss , Marian Johnson

Carol Bex , Jean Ducker

Susan Dung , Gideon Leonard

John Morton

Stuart Sorsby

to name just a few

hi i was there from 1964 to 1968 i remember mr scaffe mr havard i used to have a real crush on him he was my fave teacher.i sometimes used to see mrs bartlett at my doctors surgery.often wondered about her as id not seen her in ages.mrs lacy was another teacher she used to take us for music.

i often used to think i hated it there but on reflection i didnt really.ive not seen many that was in my class

my last name was pemberton

did you both go to lowfield infants too

I went to Abbeydale infants and junior in the main building on Glen Road then on to secondary school on Abbeydale Rd. Lowfield like Carterknowle was a feeder school.