Watching Vulcan take off / flight times 2015

Sorry, posted on the wrong bit.

Edited by GrahamY

Hi GrahamY, you seem as frustrated as myself re Vulcan timings. I tried to view the timings this morning but the Vulcan to the skies website was crashed. Gave up in the end as had seen it at the Yorkshire Airshow. Seems counter productive to arrange a flight round northern England but not make timings publically available.

Hi GrahamY, you seem as frustrated as myself re Vulcan timings. I tried to view the timings this morning but the Vulcan to the skies website was crashed. Gave up in the end as had seen it at the Yorkshire Airshow. Seems counter productive to arrange a flight round northern England but not make timings publically available.

Would imagine that last minute changes to route would have been made

on instructions from National Air traffic Control. Who would have to give

priority to scheduled airlines.

As there are further flights planned before the end of October. As per

( Vulcan to the Air website). We in this area may yet get a final look at this magnificent aircraft

I don't think it got clearance from EM airport to travel through their airspace, I was at Rother Valley with loads of others and watched it via off on my radar app and land at Doncaster so it never got to Mosborough.

Loads were gutted.

were you at the top of the grass hill?

Seen on Vulcan to the Sky site they they diverted off route after Derby to do filming with a helicopter and they appear to be very pleased with themselves and offer no apology. This is a view not shared by many in north Derbyshire and South Yorkshire who didn't see it, and have posted their own feelings on Vulcan's facebook and twitter sites.

Personally I think its a big mistake. They tell people to stay away from Doncaster so we all go to a place on the route and its a no show.

I appreciate that there may have been other factors involved but the updates were non existent.

Now I think people who live in the Sheffield area are going to go to Doncaster tomorrow regardless of the 'stay away' request.

Seen on Vulcan to the Sky site they they diverted off route after Derby to do filming with a helicopter and they appear to be very pleased with themselves and offer no apology. This is a view not shared by many in north Derbyshire and South Yorkshire who didn't see it, and have posted their own feelings on Vulcan's facebook and twitter sites.

I agree completely.

They do a no show without apology or explanation and still have the cheek to ask for money on their website.

Why don't they fly over the centre of Sheffield?

We've no airport for them to have to bother about.

I'm certainly not going to Donny.

I don't think it got clearance from EM airport to travel through their airspace, I was at Rother Valley with loads of others and watched it via off on my radar app and land at Doncaster so it never got to Mosborough.

Loads were gutted.

Not sure that was the case as one of their last tweets was "overhead Heanor" which is north of EMA.

Overhead Derby, looks like departing traffic prevented approach to East Mids...

Overhead Heanor.

XH558 tour completed for today. Now meeting with helicopter film crew to take archive 4K video footage. More when we have update

Filmed display complete - returning to base

Make of it what you will !!!

Overhead Derby, looks like departing traffic prevented approach to East Mids...

Overhead Heanor.

XH558 tour completed for today. Now meeting with helicopter film crew to take archive 4K video footage. More when we have update

Filmed display complete - returning to base

Make of it what you will !!!

Me for one wont be buying a copy to remind me of the day that I stood on a hill with 200 other people waiting for a plane to fly past.

were you at the top of the grass hill?

Nah, down below walking the pooch and following it on twitter and Plane Finder.

Being of a certain age I do remember seeing them loads when I was a kid on hols on the east coast but would've been nice seeing it again.

Lets see what happens tomorrow though :D