Watching Vulcan take off / flight times 2015

Well that was disappointing, just took my son up to Chapeltown and stood under the planned flight path, only to watch in dismay (using live flight data app on phone) that it took a detour down to Chesterfield instead :(

the annoying thing is that we probably drove from under the flight path out to ladybower to watch a plane that didn't show up. still we got a cracking lunch at the anglers.

Does anyone know why it changed course?

Did one of the crew have a grandchild in Chesterfield who wanted to see it fly overhead?

Flew over WOMAD music festival once very low. Rather sudden and alarming. I agree a video wouldn't capture it at all.

It came over Ogston in Derbyshire yesterday afternoon fairly low. I've never seen it before, it was quite a sight!

I went out to see it the other week when it was supposed to be flying out over Bradfield. It decided to take a completely different route. Anyone know why?

That's very close to me in Mosborough so a trip up to Bridle Stile or The Brow may be in order to get a good view. I've seen elsewhere that it should be somewhere between 1500-1600 on Saturday afternoon.

No I don't know the specific reason. It may have changed now, but aircraft used to have to maintain 1500" above ground level over built up areas and 1000' AGL over countryside. So the weather cloud base, esp. in the UK, will play an important part on what visual routing the aircraft can select

That's very close to me in Mosborough so a trip up to Bridle Stile or The Brow may be in order to get a good view. I've seen elsewhere that it should be somewhere between 1500-1600 on Saturday afternoon.

I thought the same thing. It's 50 years since I have walked from Ridgeway to Mosborough. Is it still a country path or has houses been built up there?

I thought the same thing. It's 50 years since I have walked from Ridgeway to Mosborough. Is it still a country path or has houses been built up there?

I think you can still walk all the way through, no new housing estate blocking the route as far as I know.