Watching Vulcan take off / flight times 2015

That's a Klingon not a Vulcan

Don't spoil it. :rant:

:P

After the Lancaster, the Vulcan was the most iconic bomber we had. There is only one left. So maybe it should stay safely on the ground, and be kept in pristine condition, for all future generations to see. The sight and noise of videos can substitute !

We are down to two flying Lancasters now, so even they are being risked when airborne

After the Lancaster, the Vulcan was the most iconic bomber we had. There is only one left. So maybe it should stay safely on the ground, and be kept in pristine condition, for all future generations to see. The sight and noise of videos can substitute !
There is no way video can substitute for the sound. It's astonishing, never heard anything quite like it.

I watched it as it visited Scarborough that day.I have it on video with sound but you have to be there to experience the roar!

Had the pleasure as a child of hearing that bugger take off at RAF Waddington everyday. Our house was on the flightpath in. Was deafening . Even double glazing made no difference. The Lightnings were as loud too. :hihi:

I hear that after it finally retires at the end of the year that are still going to send it rocketing down the runway, not same as taking off I know but still better than nothing. I'm off to see it close up at the visitor centre at Doncaster Airport soon, only about £12 to get to see it.

I gather from recent BBC news that the last flying Vulcan (which lives at Robin Hood airport) wont fly again after 2015

It would be great to see it one last time but I doubt we would be able to get to any air shows this year

Does anyone know when it is scheduled to take off for any shows this year?

It will be taking off at the Bournemouth Airshow on 23rd Aug

I gather from recent BBC news that the last flying Vulcan (which lives at Robin Hood airport) wont fly again after 2015

It would be great to see it one last time but I doubt we would be able to get to any air shows this year

Does anyone know when it is scheduled to take off for any shows this year?

Link below gives details of all Vulcan displays plus lots more about

what will happen after this years displays.

Have lots of memories of the Vulcan when I was stationed RAF Finningley in the early

60s, seeing them fly nearly every day.

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/

Edited by bazjea