Temp lights Parkside

Just been stuck at the temp lights before the turn off for Parkside rd .There is now a sign saying when red light shows stop for pedestrians . There is a queue of traffic all the way back to Law brothers .We were second in the queue ,eventually we all just drove through the red light . The whole school could have crossed back and forth numerous times while we were sat waiting .Why don't the powers that be get their act together .! I understand that they need something so people can cross the road safely but it's Saturday night and there isn't anyone around .

All the rest of this week the lights have been normally showing green all the time. Tonight they were stuck on red, thus causing massive tailbacks all down Leppings Lane and up Penistone Road to Sainsburys. Until people realise they're stuck they just sit there for ages, then eventually drive through.

Two cars in front of us was a police car. Now years ago I'm sure they would have got out, started directing the traffic, and done something to relieve the congestion. Today though, it's evidently too much effort.

That temporary (I do wonder if they're testing it for a permanent one) one way has been a nightmare all week, especially coming out of town in rush hour.

All the rest of this week the lights have been normally showing green all the time. Tonight they were stuck on red, thus causing massive tailbacks all down Leppings Lane and up Penistone Road to Sainsburys. Until people realise they're stuck they just sit there for ages, then eventually drive through.

Two cars in front of us was a police car. Now years ago I'm sure they would have got out, started directing the traffic, and done something to relieve the congestion. Today though, it's evidently too much effort.

Nowa days they would need a risk assessment and then get someone to the location who is trained in traffic control

We were stuck in that the other day! People then started to go through until one person decided to wait again! Goodness knows why when everyone was going through. This then caused people to start overtaking the line of traffic which caused further problems!!