Fairtrade wine is good

Evenin all :D

Have become partial to a certain Pinot Grigio of the Fair Trade variety!

I'm not a connoisseur or owt, but it's really rather good! *Hic*

And I'm pleasantly surprised to continue to get rather merry and with a clearer conscience!

What's your experience with fair trade wines SFers?

Love

As Always

Sol

:)

Don't know what the wines are like, but the coffee is crap.

I prefer to brew my own which is even fairer.

No alcohol tax, no rip off pricing and at less than £1.50 a bottle excellent value.

I share the same comment as my arch nemesis from north of the border ... Mr McWoods.

Although I don't drink wine, if it's anywhere near the same quality as their 'coffee', it won't even be good enough to flush down the bog.:gag:

Edited by Alcoblog

Fair trade is a bit of a scam really. Look it up, you could be surprised.

---------- Post added 31-05-2015 at 10:32 ----------

No alcohol tax, no rip off pricing and at less than £1.50 a bottle excellent value.

Is it easy to make your own wine?

Fair trade is a bit of a scam really. Look it up, you could be surprised.

---------- Post added 31-05-2015 at 10:32 ----------

Is it easy to make your own wine?

Fairly easy but takes time, patience and a little knowledge. The first time cost a lot more as you will first need to buy the equipment to brew.

Basic bits needed for 1 gallon and priced from Wilko:

1 demijohn = £7

2 airlocks with bung = £2.25 (sold in pairs)

1 Funnel = £1

1 Syphon pack = £2.50

Cleaner and steriliser = £1.75

Get a 5ltr bottle of water from supermarket around £1.20. The water can be used for the wine and the bottle then used to transfer the wine into once brewed.

£15.70 initial one off cost

Then 1 wine kit in a can for 6 bottles around £8-£9, Red, White or Rose which includes yeast, fining's and stabiliser, and 500g sugar .40p. Just follow the instructions with the kit. Takes about 3 weeks to be ready to drink but will taste better after around 3 months.

If you need any more help the please feel free to PM.

Did you have a hangover?

Regarding the fairtrade coffee comments: Try drinking real coffee - ie. not instant. There are some excellent fairtrade coffee-beans easily available from supermarkets.

Well I LOVE it!! :D

That makes 2 of us Solomon!

Regarding the fairtrade coffee comments: Try drinking real coffee - ie. not instant. There are some excellent fairtrade coffee-beans easily available from supermarkets.

No there aren't ... I've tried 'em.

Whilst I'm at it, the Fairtrade chocolate tastes like something that's died, eaten by weasels, then surgically removed from their stomachs with blunt twigs. It may be a 'fair trade' for whoever makes this rubbish, but hardly for the end user.

If they can't make stuff properly, they shouldn't bother.

I've never been a fan of wine made from concentrate or fruit juice made from concentrate. I've found "British" wine up at ASDA branded as 3 Valleys which they sell for less than £2.50/bottle. This too is pretty lousy wine made from imported grape concentrate that was once destined for the wine lake.

I have a fridge magnet that proclaims "Life is too short to drink bad wine". I tend to agree.

Did you have a hangover?

How did you know :suspect:

:D

Regarding the fairtrade coffee comments: Try drinking real coffee - ie. not instant. There are some excellent fairtrade coffee-beans easily available from supermarkets

Well exactly!