Suits And ties, what happened?

When I were a lad,

I remember one old chap telling me about getting a spanking brand new overcoat for the Whit walk.

He said it started to rain so he took it off and pushed it under his jacket....

Them were days.......:hihi:

Edited by grinder

When I were a lad,

I remember one old chap telling me about getting a spanking brand new overcoat for the Whit walk.

He said it started to rain so he took it off and pushed it under his jacket....

Them were days.......:hihi:

Best of all you got a tanner from any local relatives, you visited on Whit Sunday with your brand new duds on.;);)

hiya, i remember the whitsun suits they were always bought bigger so as you grew into them after all they had to last a year to the next one.

I always had thin legs as a kid and there's a photograph of me from one Whitsuntide in a green short trouser jerkin suit with gray bicycle stocking,

I looked like a Budgie........:help:

I always had thin legs as a kid and there's a photograph of me from one Whitsuntide in a green short trouser jerkin suit with gray bicycle stocking,

I looked like a Budgie........:help:

Were you pigeon chested as well?..:D

No, but I've got crows feet........;)

No, but I've got crows feet........;)

To match your eagle eyes, no doubt.lol

Suits are outdated really. People that make or wear suits may tell you different of course.

Weddings christenings and funerals are really the only reason most people wear suits these days, and of course people trying to show off their wealth.

I would say that most people who are in an occupation where wearing a suit is acceptable are for the most part in occupations that most of us don't completely trust.

Suits are outdated really. People that make or wear suits may tell you different of course.

Weddings christenings and funerals are really the only reason most people wear suits these days, and of course people trying to show off their wealth.

I would say that most people who are in an occupation where wearing a suit is acceptable are for the most part in occupations that most of us don't completely trust.

In other words "that was then, this is now", which was exactly my point, when starting this thread.

Edited by TORONTONY
typo

We are missing the old Metro Bar in Town when you really had to be Smart Dressed to Get in,then nip across the road to The Josephines,just wish this old night club was still open

Clothes are "outdated" generally.

Why not show up to a social function in a net T-shirt., shorts and bare feet?

And don't get me started about a commercially promoted deodorant. Lol

We are missing the old Metro Bar in Town when you really had to be Smart Dressed to Get in,then nip across the road to The Josephines,just wish this old night club was still open

'Across the road from Josephine's' is Barker's Pool, where was the 'Metro Bar', that place on Carver Street that had two entrances?

In the 70s the football team I played for used to frequent a Pakistani restaurant on Carver St after a few drinks around town every Sunday night!.I have forgotten the name,anyway the owner was a friendly chap and used to sit and chat to us most visits!.One night he told us he was doing the place up and was going to look for a painter the next day,a bright spark among the team pipes up"This is your lucky day,we are painters and decorators!".Well we didn,t know one end of a paint brush from another,but we agreed a price and did the job for him,to everyones surprise it was pretty decent and the owner was delighted so much we received discounted meals ever after,thats what I call a result!.