Re info cleaning business

I'm thinking about starting up my own cleaning business in the Hillsborough area, but unsure how to go about it ! Can anyone on here provide any info please?

Public liabilty insurance is a must. Possibly some sort of COSHH knowledge.

advertise your company and make sure any cleaning tools are in good order.

Good luck

Get trained in what ever services you intend to offer.

If a customer is paying for a professional/expert then thats what they should get.

Thank you for your your info. I'm wondering if it's worth have any flyers printed ?

Are you aiming at domestic cleaning such as housework, or commercial such as offices.

I wouldn't bother, If it's domestic chances are you won't get any response. If it's commercial then no again, they will advertise for staff.

Advertise in shops if it's domestic, commercial you need a webpage.

Okay, will do. Thanks very much for your info.

Personally if I were you I think it would be good to get some experience doing it working for a cleaning company and learning how they do things possibly ?

Thanks for your reply

Personally if I were you I think it would be good to get some experience doing it working for a cleaning company and learning how they do things possibly ?

Great advice...if not a little sneaky :hihi:

Hi, We have run one in the past. You will need access to reliable part time staff, at least one sign written vehicle (with a knowledge of a good hire company as backup), an account with a janitorial supplier, a telephone line with unlimited outbound calls (keeps costs down and allows your telemarketing calls), matching fleeces which can be easily washed and a margin of at least 30% nett after costs. Remember that commercial cleaning offers add ons like floors, carpets and regular work, domestic can be personality led by the rapport you gain with the client. Check with your insurance broker for the right cover and employ a good accountant and book keeper to ensure legitimancy in all affairs, especially paye. Lots more to consider but done correctly it can be a good business.