Life With Arrhythmia ( Irregular Heartbeat)

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

You don't say how old you are.

As an 18 yr old, I competed in cycle races, including hill climbs, some on the Winnats pass.

My heart beat became irregular, but I didn't do anything clever about it.

I'm now 79, take beta-blockers, and have a pacemaker-defibrillator; installing that did not upset me greatly.

The condition appears to be familial, as several of our family have it; we are in a genetic study to see if a causative gene can be identified

I have been diagnosed with AF, if the nurse hadn't spotted it on my annual healthcheck i would never have known.

I have had the ACG followed 24hour check done by the hospital and saw a consultant on Christmas Eve 2014.

I still have no symptoms and haven't had any to date - in 2013 i had an ecg which showed nothing wrong.

I was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat 23 years ago (supraventricular tachycardia). I had various tests at that time, was monitored for a couple of years and then discharged. I occasionally feel my heart take an extra beat but other than that it isn't a problem.