VIP paedophile ring

On a trial of the facts the prosecution must still prove to the criminal standard that the accused "did the acts' alleged. If the jury are not sure they return not guilty verdicts.

Well that's not going to happen..Pickfords keep messing up.

You don't need to be a Rhodes Scholar to figure out who murdered Jill.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/490169/Dando-alarm-paedophile-ring-BBC

I must admit that I read the speculations over Jill's death many years ago, and I dismissed the ideas then as improbable bordering on the ridiculous. However, the events over the last however many years it is since news broke about a VIP paedophile ring, and all that's associated with it, I'm starting to wonder....Certainly the police were very quick to have Barry George in the frame for her murder.

Jill Dando connection is interesting. Knew there was something in the mix, but didn't know that. I knew BBC is under investigation, but I thought that was because of Jimmy Savile.

It's becoming more important that whistle blowers are given immunity from prosecution and even protection - but by whom? Who can you trust?

I must admit that I read the speculations over Jill's death many years ago, and I dismissed the ideas then as improbable bordering on the ridiculous. However, the events over the last however many years it is since news broke about a VIP paedophile ring, and all that's associated with it, I'm starting to wonder....Certainly the police were very quick to have Barry George in the frame for her murder.

Barry George wasn't charged until over a year after the murder of Jill Dando.

And when a newspaper story cites "undisclosed sources", that is usually shorthand for "something we made up to flog papers".

BTW I do hope people noticed that Express story was over a year old.

On a trial of the facts the prosecution must still prove to the criminal standard that the accused "did the acts' alleged. If the jury are not sure they return not guilty verdicts.

Considering Lord Janner will not be defending himself, I don't see how the jury can be sure one way or the other. So it will have to be not guilty.

Considering Lord Janner will not be defending himself, I don't see how the jury can be sure one way or the other. So it will have to be not guilty.

The defendant not participating in a trial happens not infrequently now when, for example they abscond and are tried in absence.

Any trial of the facts will involve the alleged victims giving evidence as they would normally in a trial

The defendant not participating in a trial happens not infrequently now when, for example they abscond and are tried in absence.

Any trial of the facts will involve the alleged victims giving evidence as they would normally in a trial

The key difference is that in the case of defendants who have absconded, they are free to defend themselves, but choose not to (by absconding) so it can be an ordinary trial, whereas if someone is unfit to take part in the trial (for example if they have dementia or similar), then they do not have the opportunity to defend themselves, hence the "trial of facts".

Johnny Rotten in 1978 exposing the truth.

I see that Tom Watson just had his backside handed to him with the instruction to apologise again, this time properly, for his accusations, undermining investgations, and abusing Parliamentary privilege. This is the man who Corbyn would have as his Deputy PM. What a pair they would make. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/12006233/Tom-Watson-agrees-to-make-humiliating-written-apology-to-Lord-Brittans-family.html

I see that Tom Watson just had his backside handed to him with the instruction to apologise again, this time properly, for his accusations, undermining investgations, and abusing Parliamentary privilege. This is the man who Corbyn would have as his Deputy PM. What a pair they would make. :rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/12006233/Tom-Watson-agrees-to-make-humiliating-written-apology-to-Lord-Brittans-family.html

I see it as the oldboy network have got him to say "sorry in a letter" to the widow. how come that in nearly a year the police didn't tell Brittan that he was not under investigation surely such a high profile figure this would warrant closure as soon as they knew (or they were waiting for more evidence to come forward). remember here we are dealing with a police force as corrupt as the government they serve :roll: I cant see Watson has lost his job over this hmm I wonder why:huh: