Stuff we take on a fishing trip

When you go fishing do you take too much gear?

Yesterday I took 3 rods (needed one) a Korum chair, 2 reels, a box which weighed about 10 kilos containing rod rests boxes of hooks , line, forceps and other items that I might need, a small trolley, about 2 kilos of assorted baits and a brolly if looks like rain, coats, hat, sun cream, food and drink mat and net.

All for 6hours fishing and most of which I didn't use.

The very first time I went fishing about 4 years ago I was amazed to see a 4x4 pull into the car park pulling a trailer which was packed to almost overflowing with gear.

He could have stayed for a week with that amount.

On the other hand 6 lads turned up with a rod reel and a loaf of bread each.

They walked round the lake and fished near reeds , caught one or two, moved on caught another and another.....

Who was doing it right?

I've bought a small tool box, will add the bare minimum, take the chair and bait and leave most of my stuff in the car.

i have a small fishing bag that as a seat attached and just take what i need if going alone, if the wife is going with me . i take it all and she carries it . my first dear departed wife flo never moaned and in them days it where heavy gear not like now with this carbon rubbish

Edited by backwardben
more added

All depends where I'm fishing. Take loads of stuff when matchfishing, box, 2 small bags of bait (with reserve in van!), bag with nets, roller, tray, flask etc the holdhall with pole and 3 rods. Far too much!

But then if I'm on the river I'll just take rod, landing net, haversack and maybe a chair if I'm not roving.

Used to be the standard seat box, rod bag, hold all combo, then just the freedom of rod reel net and bread. Then a chair was added. Then a bag with some bits. Then a bigger bag with a box of bits. Then a jacket. Then bits for the chair.Then I'm lugging around too much again.

I'm back to the seat box, rod bag, hold-all combo again. At least I have options (and a bad back;))

Far too much but you never know when it might come in handy LOL

The only thing I can't do without is my wife she loads the car, carries my gear and sorts it out then when I've finished I call her she puts it all away, loads the car and even puts it away when I get home whilst I get showered.

So no I don't take too much stuff.