Save the 12 Trees on Rustlings Road - Please sign Petition

This was on You & Yours yesterday on BBC radio 4 yesterday, it will now be on their podcast.

As usual, Swami Dhyan claiming to know more than everyone else. What a surprise.

Edit. What are the specific facts I don't know?

Re my bold above.

Yes that is right...you don't know! But you still see fit to come on here pontificating about someone's motives!

I have no interest whatsoever in discussing further with you. I do not care for your consistently negative and uninformed comments!

I don't claim to know more than everyone else and never have. I do know much more than you do about this campaign because I have been heavily involved in it for a long time now!

I also know how much time, energy, commitment and resources Mindfulness has contributed to the city wide campaign out of initial involvement at Rustlings Road.

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 11:57 ----------

This was on You & Yours yesterday on BBC radio 4 yesterday, it will now be on their podcast.

I think it's just after 7 minutes into the programme and it lasts about 7 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06gqdx2

Re my bold above.

Yes that is right...you don't know! But you still see fit to come on here pontificating about someone's motives!

I have no interest whatsoever in discussing further with you. I do not care for your consistently negative and uninformed comments!

I don't claim to know more than everyone else and never have. I do know much more than you do about this campaign because I have been heavily involved in it for a long time now!

I also know how much time, energy, commitment and resources Mindfulness has contributed to the city wide campaign out of initial involvement at Rustlings Road.

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 11:57 ----------

I think it's just after 7 minutes into the programme and it lasts about 7 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06gqdx2

Ooh that's very clever, using a few words out of my post to try to make fun of me. You consistently shout down others by claiming they do not know what they're talking about. how about actually discussing the subject instead?

I've not questioned the amount of citywide work that mindfulness has done, so why bring it up.

I've just rung Streets Ahead to find out when trees were being removed and after holding on for a while was cut off - is this usual?

Granma.

I think it is some attempt to show that you are not interested in Sheffield's trees in general, but just interested in "your own" Rustling's trees

I care very deeply for ALL trees. Which is why I started this petition in the first place :)

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 17:42 ----------

I've just rung Streets Ahead to find out when trees were being removed and after holding on for a while was cut off - is this usual?

Granma.

Yes, many people have similar stories of SA incompetence. This project is not fit for purpose and everyone seems to be running around like headless chickens at SCC, trying to deal with the mess. Where are your trees Granma? Notify STAG on FB here and they can help you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/392913244219104/484901105020317/?comment_id=485075568336204&notif_t=group_comment

Edited by Mindfulness

I care very deeply for ALL trees. Which is why I started this petition in the first place :)

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 17:42 ----------

Yes, many people have similar stories of SA incompetence. This project is not fit for purpose and everyone seems to be running around like headless chickens at SCC, trying to deal with the mess. Where are your trees Granma? Notify STAG on FB here and they can help you: https://www.facebook.com/groups/392913244219104/484901105020317/?comment_id=485075568336204&notif_t=group_comment

I never claimed otherwise. I was giving my interpretation of wibbles' posts.

Update from the SORT campaign:

Dear supporters. A federation has been set up under the name Sheffield Tree Action Groups (STAG). This is to act as a hub for people to share and access information from the many tree campaign groups across the city, ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL! The Facebook link is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/392913244219104/?fref=ts.

'All-out' elections May 2016, means that all councillors will have to stand down and every council seat is up for election - everyone's seat is up for grabs!! Voters get 3 votes instead of the usual one! So if you are unhappy with the inertia of this Labour Council and their councillors over bringing Amey to task for felling healthy trees - then this would be the time to vote for someone else. Doing so could improve the likelihood of getting a council that will commission alternative highway engineering specifications, that could enable the safe, long-term retention of many, of the thousands of larger-crowned street trees currently scheduled to be felled before 2018 . Alternative highway engineering specifications, drafted by competent highway engineers, working in cooperation with registered/ Chartered arboricultural consultants, would help preserve the ecological, economic and social benefits that street trees provide, which benefit our health and well-being.

This is a generational opportunity to get rid of an entrenched, embedded Council that completely ignores the wishes of it's constituents! If you want our highway trees to be managed in a sustainable manner, or if you would like greater honesty and transparency, or if you are fed up with having all enquiries secretly converted to Freedom of Information requests, then subsequently dismissed as “vexatious” and “manifestly unreasonable” - voting may be your best opportunity to change things for the better (btw, yes, this IS the way ALL tree related enquiries that relate to the £2.2bn Amey PFI project, are now being handled!).

If you want our council to adopt current and widely accepted industry guidance and recommendations, as befits “The most wooded and treed city in Britain” (SCC, 2015), or if you would like to see that officials ensure that their decisions are soundly based on available evidence and not unduly influenced by transitory or exaggerated opinions formed by vested interests, voting may be your only opportunity for positive change! You can find out more about these things online, by visiting Stocksbridge Community Forum and following the link to the SORT letter to Cllr Fox, dated 14th July, 2015: https://www.stocksbridgecommunity.org/news/streets-ahead-stocksbridge-trees.

As always, thank you everyone for all of your endeavours, wherever you are, for the trees of Sheffield - each of your individual efforts are seen and very much appreciated by the rest of us!

All the best

SORT

---------- Post added 13-10-2015 at 18:20 ----------

I never claimed otherwise. I was giving my interpretation of wibbles' posts

I had figured as much and thank you for the further clarification :)

I never claimed otherwise. I was giving my interpretation of wibbles' posts.

Re my bold above.

I apologise to you unreservedly!

I did misunderstand what you had posted and reacted accordingly. :blush:

Re my bold above.

I apologise to you unreservedly!

I did misunderstand what you had posted and reacted accordingly. :blush:

No worries. Thanks.

I was confused by your response. It now all makes sense.

As above, no problem.

No worries. Thanks.

I was confused by your response. It now all makes sense.

As above, no problem.

Thanks. :)

Sorry, I am interested in this, but haven't had time to read everything on this thread and associated articles.

Can someone summarise in a sentence or two:

Why do the council want to cut these 11/12 trees down?

Why, in a city of 4 million trees, with a promise of replacements being planted, and opposite a park full of trees, are these 11/12 trees so important to people?