Save the 12 Trees on Rustlings Road - Please sign Petition

Then you must be both ignorant

And stupid

In equal measure :rolleyes:

If the attitude shown on here reflects how the protesters have approached the issue then I am not surprised that the protest is doomed to fail.

In the grand scheme of things whatever the outcome it will not change my life and will not effect my property value. I see the replacement program albeit overdue the most cost effective, quickest and most effective way of dealing with these old trees, the roads and pavements will then become safe for the whole community to enjoy.

]Is there a STAG twitter account I can follow?[/b] If not, why not?!

Please don't condemn me to reading through this thread for updates.

I do believe it's coming soon!

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 17:21 ----------

If the attitude shown on here reflects how the protesters have approached the issue then I am not surprised that the protest is doomed to fail.

In the grand scheme of things whatever the outcome it will not change my life and will not effect my property value. I see the replacement program albeit overdue the most cost effective, quickest and most effective way of dealing with these old trees, the roads and pavements will then become safe for the whole community to enjoy.

All this from he,or she, who said, "It is my opinion that the trees are a mess and have caused considerable damage to the environment."

A more intelligent contributor would perhaps know when to call it a day and disappear from this thread!

All this from he,or she, who said, "It is my opinion that the trees are a mess and have caused considerable damage to the environment."

A more intelligent contributor would perhaps know when to call it a day and disappear from this thread!

...well iv'e got news for you and the rest of your clique, I happen to have an opinion and choose to voice it on this forum. So again if you choose to continue with your petty and immature comments then that's fine.

I am sure when all the hysteria dies down you may see by applying some perspective replacing 12 trees for the sake of public safety is not such a big deal.

...well iv'e got news for you and the rest of your clique, I happen to have an opinion and choose to voice it on this forum. So again if you choose to continue with your petty and immature comments then that's fine.

I am sure when all the hysteria dies down you may see by applying some perspective replacing 12 trees for the sake of public safety is not such a big deal.

You say "petty and immature"...I say quite apposite in view of your preposterous statement my remarks referred to!

I stand by what I said!

One last thing...because there is only so many times you can point out the obvious...I have been talking about trees in the thousands! A lot more than the 12 on Rustlings Road!

DO YOU GET IT YET?

Few things worth mentioning at this juncture:

<snip>

[/color]

Which is great! But completely IRRELEVANT - we are talking about street trees, not woodland.

---------- Post added 19-09-2015 at 10:02 ----------

A<more snip>n.

You keep conflating roadside trees with the total urban forest. Don't be surprised when someone runs with it.

The roadside trees are only a small part of Sheffield's trees. It is very relevant

There you go again insulting people who hold a different opinion.

Anyway, that said, I actually went and had a look at these trees on Friday and they are like saplings compared to the ones at S8, also the damage to pavements is far less so I cannot really understand the council or Amey giving priority to these particular trees.

Fox is not fit for purpose, how do we get rid? Doubt he can handle clmate change issues, as he can't handle environment issues, or transport!

Before operating keyboard please engage brain!

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 14:31 ----------

Sources please.

---------- Post added 18-09-2015 at 14:32 ----------

Do you have any idea how far from the truth you are with that statement!

re post 239 SWAMI requesting sources

1 I think the answer might be in the name treesforcities.org.uk

2 Sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk web site

or to put it simply try typing tree planting in sheffield 2015 into Google(other search engines are available)

---------- Post added 20-09-2015 at 23:53 ----------

Can you quantify the difference between a 100 year old mature elm and a 5 year old ornamental cherry?

95 years.

Tell me what would people have said if the trees on Rustlings Road were suffering from a disease and had to be felled. Would there be protest camps in the park

re post 239 SWAMI requesting sources

1 I think the answer might be in the name treesforcities.org.uk

2 Sheffieldnewsroom.co.uk web site

or to put it simply try typing tree planting in sheffield 2015 into Google(other search engines are available)

---------- Post added 20-09-2015 at 23:53 ----------

95 years.

Tell me what would people have said if the trees on Rustlings Road were suffering from a disease and had to be felled. Would there be protest camps in the park

I read your links and haven't passed comment because post 251 covered what would have been my response.

I'm sorry but your last question is one I choose to ignore. What if this and what if that is wasting your time and mine. :)

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 11:59 ----------

There you go again insulting people who hold a different opinion.

Anyway, that said, I actually went and had a look at these trees on Friday and they are like saplings compared to the ones at S8, also the damage to pavements is far less so I cannot really understand the council or Amey giving priority to these particular trees.

Re my bold above.

When I respond to someone who has said that trees have "caused considerable damage to the environment" by calling them unintelligent I do not view that as insulting. It is the truth!

It is almost like saying the reason the seas are so polluted is because of all the dead fish in the sea.

Just to spell it out for you one last time...I am more than happy to debate with anyone on this issue and everyone has the right to their own opinion. They even have the right to talk absolute bunkum in stupid fashion. When they do I will say so!

They are they and I am I...if we meet in the middle that's beautiful...if we don't that's perfectly ok!

Re my bold above.

PAY ATTENTION!

I am talking about hundreds of trees!

Your other remarks are proof positive that you have not read my links!

Sorry fonz but you are just not cool on this issue. Talk to someone else...you are wasting my time. Not because you have a different point of view...you are entitled to that...because you are ill informed.

Im always cool.

Talking about hundreds of new trees, that will counteract the negative effects of the feelings, have you? where?

On the contrary, I know a lot more about the specific situation in Sheffield than you do, despite what you think / hope a search on google doesn't make you expert im afraid.

If you don't like it don't read my posts, but I think you will find that's not how a forum works. Maybe you should try writing a blog so you cant get upset when people disagree with you.