Save the 12 Trees on Rustlings Road - Please sign Petition

Very few people will change their vote because of trees felling and if votes were an issue to the councillors you should have made more progress by now. Follow the money. ;)

Re my bold.

We shall see!

How Bristol does Tree Forums:

http://www.bristol.gov.uk/page/environment/bristol-tree-forum

"The aims of the Bristol Tree Forum are to:

1. Protect and enhance our urban trees in streets, parks, gardens and all open spaces

6. Cover work with Bristol City Council to plan for "climate proofing" our city in accordance with predicted urban temperature increases in the next 20 years

7. Argue for a formulaic approach to ensure that Bristol achieves a sustainable balance between the built form / hard surface and tree canopy cover

8. Provide a mechanism for open consultation on urban trees issues between local community groups, interested professional bodies and several Bristol City Council departments"

Edited by Mindfulness

FOI request responses have revealed that...

Freedom of Information Requests have been submitted by a number of people and have all proved fruitless.

Hi folks, in the interest of informed debate, is it possible to give links to any FOI requests which have been made to the council and/or Amey about the trees, and what responses (positive or negative) we've had back?

PS Remember, if you make an FOI request through whatdotheyknow.com then the reply is automatically made public so everybody gets to know.

Hi folks, in the interest of informed debate, is it possible to give links to any FOI requests which have been made to the council and/or Amey about the trees, and what responses (positive or negative) we've had back?

PS Remember, if you make an FOI request through whatdotheyknow.com then the reply is automatically made public so everybody gets to know.

Great suggestion Vincent. Very laborious task - but will show how underhand, obstructive and downright untruthful SCC and Amey have been and still are. Will see how to make these FOIs public. Thank you.

Hi vincentb, If you go on Facebook and look up the STAG (Sheffield Trees Action Group) page I believe you will find references to FOI requests and the replies received explaining the refusals. As Mindfullness suggested...you may detect a revealing level of deceit.

Great suggestion Vincent. Very laborious task - but will show how underhand, obstructive and downright untruthful SCC and Amey have been and still are. Will see how to make these FOIs public. Thank you.

Try here https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/tree_contract_with_amey#incoming-483236

Hi vincentb, If you go on Facebook and look up the STAG (Sheffield Trees Action Group) page I believe you will find references to FOI requests and the replies received explaining the refusals. As Mindfullness suggested...you may detect a revealing level of deceit.

I've read through as far back as the start of June, and sadly I haven't found any references to FOI or Freedom of Information. There are lots of posts by people which say "Attachment Unavailable" though - I can't tell if any of those are what you mean?

I live at Rivelin and the trees on our road were bought by the residents when the houses were built (all gorgeous flowering cherry trees). When they did our pavements/ roads. They took all the trees out bar one. They said they were gonna replace them but that was just a lie. They have concrete over where they were. It's disgusting they weren't theirs to remove and cost the residents a lot of money back in the late 50's

its a pity you havent got owt else to worry about

got trees infront of my house would chop them down my self if i had tools for job

I've read through as far back as the start of June, and sadly I haven't found any references to FOI or Freedom of Information. There are lots of posts by people which say "Attachment Unavailable" though - I can't tell if any of those are what you mean?

I think the answer to the "Attachment unavailable" response is due to the fact that you have not "joined" the page.

If you want to PM me again I can either PM you the FOI requests in private or you could "join" the group with absolutely no commitment to do anything other than glean the information you require and then leave again.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot and if so it's a pity.

In the pursuit of mutual understanding let's sort it it! :)

---------- Post added 02-09-2015 at 22:42 ----------

its a pity you havent got owt else to worry about

got trees infront of my house would chop them down my self if i had tools for job

Oh dear! Maybe you should just concentrate on developing some communication skills.

That reply is not my usual way of responding but you do present as a troll in this contribution.

Prove me wrong and I will apologise unreservedly. Give me some detail so we can indulge in a proper debate...please.

Hi Swami - if you could dig out those FOI responses and publish them somewhere public and accessible, that would be really useful, cheers.

Being able to to find them only by joining a facebook group and trawling through posts made to the group does not count as really accessible and public I'm afraid.

PS Can't send you a PM because your inbox is full; the site returns this error message:

Swami Dhyan has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.