Clough gone! Breaking news

As the title, breaking news on SS:loopy:

Mate just phoned to say Clough has been sacked!

I did not see that coming! :o

Mate just phoned to say Clough has been sacked!

I did not see that coming! :o

Oh now come on, you're too late, theres already a thread, can't you post in that.:)

just been announced on Radio Sheffield, him and his backroom staff , nothing as to his replacement.

William Hill got Megson as favourite at 4/6. That was quick, I think they know summat.

Oh now come on, you're too late, theres already a thread, can't you post in that.:)

:hihi: Trust an Owl to get there first with news about United.

What was that expression again?

" It's all about dem Blades! :)

---------- Post added 25-05-2015 at 11:35 ----------

William Hill got Megson as favourite at 4/6. That was quick, I think they know summat.

I know summat tharrt a right pee taker.

But I like you! ( said in a Dick Emery manner ) :)

:hihi: Trust an Owl to get there first with news about United.

What was that expression again?

" It's all about dem Blades! :)

Well how could I not, i'm just sat here watching Sky Sports News.

Just thinking whether I should go up the driving range and try the Aeroburners out, what you think?

I wasn't sat here waiting on specific news about utd, honest. :)

At the end of the day you weigh up the manager against what the club expected of him and he has failed, that is the be all and end all.

A combination of negative formations and tactics with Clough's use of excuses and failure to put his hand up and admit that he got things wrong have cost him his job at United. He's been backed heavily by the board and given money that you don't see in this league as a manager and he hasn't done anything with it.

Let's not look at a manager with promotion from the lower leagues on his CV. Somebody who can reintroduce a physical presence and a bit of experience into the team. Somebody who plays tried and tested formations and tactics, after all there is nothing wrong with 4-4-2 and a bit of hoof now and then if you are winning games. Look at the amount of goals Bristol scored last year through long ball football.

Falling out with his Best Players as not been good enough,when there were is Centre Halfs,plus signing to many Derby players,One up Front did not suite this type of League.also the 1.5 million on Breyford did not work out

Keith Edwards on Radio Sheffield says " Surprised as only 4 teams were better than us in the league last year however the fact that he was a bit arrogant at times and wouldn't change tactics when it was obvious that they was wrong cost him his job".

Nigel has built a team and had a good few players coming in but he was arrogant and pinpointed and attacked individual players such as McNulty. The fact that he pinpointed an injured brayford as a reason for losing against Swindon. Brayford is a good player but who pays £1.5m for a full back. He was playing 4 in midfield and 5 at the back but he was still leaking goals which isn't acceptable".

Speaks a good bit of sense if you ask me. Negative tactics and unorthodox style of management.