Best walks in/around Sheffield

I have recently messed up my knee pretty bad and even after three months I struggle with steep inclines/descents and stairs (movement in knee), but because I can't sit at home and bloat I have to undertake some exercise. It strikes me that I haven't seen more than 10% of Sheffield (Lived here 8 years now) so I thought I'd ask what your recommendations are for walks in/around Sheffield.

Please let me know if they are dog friendly (ie. whether I should bring the old lordship or not), whether there is parking/tram-stop available nearby and what the interest of the route is, it would also be handy to have an idea of length (miles/time) my current maximum is about 2 hours/4-5 miles, after that my knee starts to swell.

Some of my personal favourites are all around Hillsborough, Beeley Wood to Oughtibridge, the TransPennine trail between Oughtibridge and Grenoside, Rivelin, but I'd also be interested in city-walks and I am going to do the canalside walk tomorrow.

You could do a lot worse than try out the Porter Valley. Start from the entrance to Endcliffe Park at Hunters Bar, then turn round when you've had enough. You can park foc just off Rustlings Road.

The start of the Loxley Valley is near you, just 400 yards from the Malin Bridge tram terminus, if you've never tried that. Dead easy, @4/5 miles to Bradfield, then catch the bus back.

Greno Woods, Wharncliffe Woods, Wortley Park aren't a million miles away and are all flattish.

All these places are dog friendly incidentally.

I've got 2 dodgy knees myself, and find steep hills and steps difficult, but I push myself and keep going because the alternative is to become a couch potato!

Good luck!

Edited by seirreh

Have you tried the walk around dam flask? You can park plenty of places by the dam and you could stop at Low Bradfield for a drink or meal at the local pub.

The 5 wiers walk from Castlegate to Meadowhall is flat and untaxing. About 4 miles-ish. At Meadowhall, you can grab a tram back into town, or walk back down the canal to the basin.