Cyclist vs Bus due to ignoring red light

I find it incredible that some people are trying to divert attention away from the idiot cyclist and are focusing on the bus driver as if he is in any way at fault.

Cause and effect = Idiot cyclist takes risks and is hurt as a result.

. . .and I guess he will be much less likely to act in that way again.

On the other hand when you have a metal overcoat on it doesn't hurt and the lesson is not learned . . so it may/will happen again.

No arguing the cyclist is at fault here, but the bus drivers actions (or lack of) need addressing. There's no way he wouldn't have heard the impact.

It's berks like that that cause motorists to believe that ALL cyclists are as stupid, which then leads on to all the other problems that appear on threads on here...

It looked like the cyclist didn't even try and stop when the bus was right in front of him!

I guess the video is worrying for the bus driver, as leaving the the scene of an accident would be a sackable offence as well illegal.

It's berks like that that cause motorists to believe that ALL cyclists are as stupid, which then leads on to all the other problems that appear on threads on here...

It looked like the cyclist didn't even try and stop when the bus was right in front of him!

How does that happen though.

If people watch this video will they conclude that all motorists are as stupid?

How does that happen though.

If people watch this video will they conclude that all motorists are as stupid?

And if I had a camera I could just as easily post footage of bus drivers in Manchester running red lights. In fact I witness it daily on that same bus route down Oxford Rd.

I guess the video is worrying for the bus driver, as leaving the the scene of an accident would be a sackable offence as well illegal.

We dont know he left the scene though do we~? It was a short clip, perhaps he pulled up just down the road a bit or perhaps a passenger let him know someone had hit him and he stopped just after the video clip finished?

We dont know he left the scene though do we~? It was a short clip, perhaps he pulled up just down the road a bit or perhaps a passenger let him know someone had hit him and he stopped just after the video clip finished?

Very true, he could have exited the junction and then pulled up.

Idiot cyclist........... maybe the bump will have knocked some sense into him. :loopy:

It's difficult to judge his speed, but it seems incredible to me that he wasn't able (or choose not to) stop once the bus came into view.

It's difficult to judge his speed, but it seems incredible to me that he wasn't able (or choose not to) stop once the bus came into view.

He probably thought it would get out of his way...

... like everything else is expected to! ;)