What's Happening To The Pheasant?

Common sense solution would be for Sanctuary Housing to buy it and dvelop in to over 55 flats.

Common Sense so will not happen but better option than mosques and unanted coffee shops .

Better option would have been anything that would gave preserved the old building.

Such a shame that the building is gone IMO....:(

what’s on the site now ?

Has the Pheasant been knocked down, or just refurbished ?

Is anything being built there right now, or has the site been flattened ?

All thats left of the original building is the front wall. The rest of it has gone and theyve just started rebuilding.

Better option would have been anything that would gave preserved the old building.

Such a shame that the building is gone IMO....

Could not agree more but when Weatherspoons (Allegedly) tried and failed the options werevery few and far between.

The point I am making is if Costa Chicken have pulled out the common sense option both in terms of local impact and traffic congestion and given the state of the site now would be to turn it in to housing along the same lines as to what has been done with the Sicey and Horsshoe.

Unfortunately it would seem there is no appetite for this type of pub anymore.

I would also do the same with the police training college at Ecclesfield Common. That area needs a Macdonalds like an hole in the head .

Back to the Pheasant, work is still ongoing on the site as of late yesterday.

They are still advertising jobs on a banner around the front of the site and behind the remaining walls framework is emerging and is currently one storey high.

To me it looks as if work is continuing with just the lower frontage of the old building being kept.

I work for the council and there's early rumours of the KFC / Costa deal being off and it could be built up again from fresh as a new Mosque. (If funds are approved). I will keep people updated if I know more.

Again, just a few people have brainstormed this.

Interesting.

I can't help thinking you are talking utter rubbish.

Trying to wind people up.

I work for the council and there's early rumours of the KFC / Costa deal being off and it could be built up again from fresh as a new Mosque. (If funds are approved). I will keep people updated if I know more.

Again, just a few people have brainstormed this.

Interesting.

Is it April 1st already? :roll:

I know somebody who works for the company that runs kfc and costa in sheffield and he says it has been knocked down because it was beyond repair and is being rebuilt in the same style but with an interior made more suitable for its new use.

I know somebody who works for the company that runs kfc and costa in sheffield and he says it has been knocked down because it was beyond repair and is being rebuilt in the same style but with an interior made more suitable for its new use.

That sounds spot on.... only the frontage appears to have been kept up to first floor level.

TBQH, what is the point of saving the "frontage" anyway?

They should have bulldozed the whole lot, and started again!

It's not like it was a "pretty" building to start with, and AFAIK not listed either.

And rather more bizarrely only kept the ground floor frontage !