What's Happening To The Pheasant?

I hate KFC. It's greasy and overpriced and I can make my own coffee for about 20pence lol

Joking aside its a really nice old building and it's a shame if they are going to be knocking it down or significantly altering it.

It's a shame the community didn't get together and open it as a community pub. :|

It would have been better as a cultural centre as originally planned until the EDL and local Muslim haters kicked up a fuss.

Enjoy your hopefully Halal KFC and overpriced Costa coffee! :hihi:

I thought the idea of it becoming a mosque was a fantasy caused by the paranoia of the EDL, like the time they organised an anti-halal demo outside a KFC on Penistone Road that didn't actually serve halal.

Good anything is better than an empty building not a coffee fan or KFC either just glad someone is doing something with the building before it would have been wrecked or burnt out.

Do Whitbread own the building? Costa are part of the Whitbread group!

I think a Mosque on the Lane Top would have been a dreadful idea. The Asian / Muslim community have all been thrown together like cattle down in the poorer Firth Park / Fir Vale areas.

agree and there is no way on earth this would have been a mosque

best thing would have been to knock it down

Edited by grand

Do Whitbread own the building? Costa are part of the Whitbread group!

Owned by these - Chicken Villas Ltd and their managing agents, QFM Ltd - or was when they first asked for planning permission to knock it down.

http://www.qfm-group.com/

I live at Sheffield Lane Top. No we don't need anymore fast food outlets thank you very much. No we don't want the already busy junction made even more dangerous. Just best to knock the bloomin thing down and create space for space sake.

agree and there is no way on earth this would have been a mosque

best thing would have been to knock it down

My bold=

There will be a mosque up in that area in the next 10 years, when the current tenants of the church owned by a Muslim I know leave it will be used as a mosque so you and all the other Muslim haters can stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

You don't need planning to use a church as a mosque!

:hihi:

My bold=

There will be a mosque up in that area in the next 10 years, when the current tenants of the church owned by a Muslim I know leave it will be used as a mosque so you and all the other Muslim haters can stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

You don't need planning to use a church as a mosque!

:hihi:

they wont ever be a mosque up there lol

and im not a muslim hater lol

when do you ever see a church being build

i think there is enough mosques in sheffield

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=sheffiield+mosques&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#q=sheffield+mosques&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=53378252,-1469187,1840&tbm=lcl&tbs=lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sEAE,lf:1,lf_ui:1

Kfc will be my church, 3 times a week without fail :gag:

Back on topic please. The thread is about the Pheasant, not speculation about Mosques.

Thank you.

Kfc will be my church, 3 times a week without fail :gag:

I worship next door.. S L T. working mens club.:hihi: