Youths in Wadsley bridge Sainsburys

A couple of days ago while cycling down Halifax road about 8.30-9pm, I decided to call at the Sainsburys at Wadsley bridge. There were three youths inside the side entrance (where I was going to chain my bike), and one of them had a bike with him. They seemed like any other youths of 16 to 18, but I decided to play it safer, and chained my bike up outside of the main entrance in the car park.

Really, I felt my bike would have been safer perhaps just inside the store. I didn’t want to take it up the escalator and leave it at the top out of the way as I didn’t want anyone complaining.

I walked up the stairs, grabbed a basket and started to shop. I’d probably been shopping less than 5 minutes, and as I passed by the end of the isles, the youth with the bike was riding his bike along one of the isles as if it was the most natural thing to do. I’m still trying to get my head around it. I’m trying to imagine his thought processes prior to the event. “Naw, not leaving it outside, best fetch it in to the store and ride around the isles, it will be quicker than walking too” :shakes:

Have things really changed that much, or did I live a sheltered life as a youth:hihi:

Same in Asda up the road with bikes and scooters + kids standing in trolleys spreading who knows what with their shoes.

Nope, not a sheltered life, it's just society today, no manners and people thinking they can do what they want, when they want and where they want.

A youth riding a bike in a supermarket? I think the OP needs to get a grip.

If it was Monday, there were 3 of them, because I was in there. The security and staff told them to stop and they just sped off.

As it happens they weren't likely to injure anyone, because there was nobody in, as usual!

I have walked round with mine in the larger supermarkets, in the past few years though, security have begun to object to it, so just leave your bike with them if you are not carrying a lock.

:huh: What do you mean?

:huh: What do you mean?

Actually, this youth might be onto something there, if only the supermarket doors were a little wider and the checkouts a little further apart we could have drive through shopping trips.

Drive through supermarkets it's the way to go.

Many of the Youth today have no respect. They need to be given a good hiding IMO. National service would whip them into shape, if not, a long stretch in chokey.

Many of the Youth today have no respect. They need to be given a good hiding IMO. National service would whip them into shape, if not, a long stretch in chokey.

Hi Happ just curious, what do you mean by chokey?

Now we cant give them a good hiding. The NSPCC lefties will be on in a minute to say this is child abuse.

We have to provide them with youth clubs and other facilities instead to bribe them to do as they are told.