Youths in Wadsley bridge Sainsburys

Its ok i understand. You have no credible answers or responses so youre running off and pretending its for other reasons. Its a bit school yard if you ask me but hey, what ever makes you happy and secure :)

I have plenty of credible answers but I'm not going to waste my time anymore particularly after your rather strange rant earlier. That one certainly belongs in the school yard.

I'll let others judge my posts and this little conversation we've been having. Some may agree with you, others may agree with me, it really doesn't matter. I won't lose any sleep and I won't resort to making up some crazy scenario in order to make a point.

Have a nice day.

Have a nice day.

Same to you :)

Many of the Youth today have no respect. They need to be given a good hiding IMO. National service would whip them into shape, if not, a long stretch in chokey.

Now we cant give them a good hiding. The NSPCC lefties will be on in a minute to say this is child abuse.

We have to provide them with youth clubs and other facilities instead to bribe them to do as they are told.

Anyway it was your heroine Maggi Thatcher that scrapped corporal punishment - you wouldn't say she was a liberal lefty trot!

Anyway it was your heroine Maggi Thatcher that scrapped corporal punishment - you wouldn't say she was a liberal lefty trot!

I'm in no way a fan of that woman. Another reason for me to despise her.

I'm in no way a fan of that woman. Another reason for me to despise her.

Then I misread you and I apologise for my mistake. Thatcher was indeed vile woman, and to be accused of being a supporter of hers is a serious accusation ;)

Then I misread you and I apologise for my mistake. Thatcher was indeed vile woman, and to be accused of being a supporter of hers is a serious accusation ;)

I thought she was great in Spitting image.

I don't see what "Fatcher" has to do with youths today. She left power nearly a quarter of a century ago. At some point there comes a limit to what the left can blame her for.

I don't see what "Fatcher" has to do with youths today. She left power nearly a quarter of a century ago. At some point there comes a limit to what the left can blame her for.

I thought you'd be blaming her for outlawing corporal punishment HH - given that you think kids need a damned good hiding.

I've seen a man take his bike inside the Co-op on Pinstone Street some months ago, but not seen anyone do this since; I always lock mine securely to the racks on the street outside:)

The usual case with youths like this is that there parents arnt too clever either i know of a few in the area i live,

the apple dosent fall far from the tree,

as a parent myself i tend to go by old fashioned values and have always said that if i ever caught them doing wrong and i mean wrong i would march them down to the police station myself, that itself gives them a fright and does tend to keep them in line,

Let's make the assumption that it's as straight forward as you say it is. On a professional level I would be informing other people of what was happening. The two people involved would be separated. The person who appeared to be the victim would be invited to give an account of what had happened. The person who was doing the bullying would have the opportunity to do the same. This information would be shared amongst those adults who were dealing with this before any decision could be made. Parents would be informed and a methodical method would be used to solve the issue.

This may seem a bit drawn out but we as adults can set an example by dealing with a situation in a calm measured manner without resorting to rash, heat of the moment decisions.

I have seen the above course of action taken by 'professionals' (headmistress, teacher and support worker) about a group of bullies and my daughter, the target of the bullies at the time, 2 years ago. Then seen it repeated about the same group of bullies and another two schoolmates of my daughter, their next targets. Then seen it repeated last year about -you guessed it- the same group of bullies and my daughter again.

When it started yet again with my daughter, 3rd time around earlier this year, I hope you'll understand that my lack of beliefs in mediation caused me not to wait for the 'professionals' to have yet another fruitless go.

I told my daughter to warn the bullies just the once not to bully her again (as she had always done, and still does) on any next provocation but, should they continue, this time to lay them flat until they don't get up. And not to worry about the headmistress, teachers, red cards and such other paraphernalia, as that would be for her Mum and myself to sort out.

That she did on the next provocation, whence we were then duly 'summoned' into the school to 'consult' about our daughter's 'violent' episode. That was February this year.

So we 'consulted': the headmistress was reminded about the preceding and serial failures of mediation, then told that our daughter would continue to report bullying incidents as she always had in the past, but would now defend herself to the best of her abilities with our full blessing each and every time no matter what, so the ball was and would remain firmly in the headmistress camp to sort the situation durably and prevent such occurrences altogether, and the next time she 'summoned' me to discuss matters arising solely out of her continuing failure to do her job, I'd send her a bill at my full hourly rate with a travel and mileage claim, and enforce it if it doesn't get paid.

There's been no more bullying since. Of my daughter or anyone else.

Moral of the story: even 'professionals' sometimes need a kick up the @rse.

I have seen the above course of action taken by 'professionals' (headmistress, teacher and support worker) about a group of bullies and my daughter, the target of the bullies at the time, 2 years ago. Then seen it repeated about the same group of bullies and another two schoolmates of my daughter, their next targets. Then seen it repeated last year about -you guessed it- the same group of bullies and my daughter again.

When it started yet again with my daughter, 3rd time around earlier this year, I hope you'll understand that my lack of beliefs in mediation caused me not to wait for the 'professionals' to have yet another fruitless go.

I told my daughter to warn the bullies just the once not to bully her again (as she had always done, and still does) on any next provocation but, should they continue, this time to lay them flat until they don't get up. And not to worry about the headmistress, teachers, red cards and such other paraphernalia, as that would be for her Mum and myself to sort out.

That she did on the next provocation, whence we were then duly 'summoned' into the school to 'consult' about our daughter's 'violent' episode. That was February this year.

So we 'consulted': the headmistress was reminded about the preceding and serial failures of mediation, then told that our daughter would continue to report bullying incidents as she always had in the past, but would now defend herself to the best of her abilities with our full blessing each and every time no matter what, so the ball was and would remain firmly in the headmistress camp to sort the situation durably and prevent such occurrences altogether, and the next time she 'summoned' me to discuss matters arising solely out of her continuing failure to do her job, I'd send her a bill at my full hourly rate with a travel and mileage claim, and enforce it if it doesn't get paid.

There's been no more bullying since. Of my daughter or anyone else.

Moral of the story: even 'professionals' sometimes need a kick up the @rse.

I've seen this course of action fail myself, professionals do sometimes need a shove. I've also seen it used successfully many times. I also believe that there is nothing wrong with the child who is being bullied standing up for themselves and giving it back. What I don't advocate is the assault of children by adults which is what some posters on here believe is a good thing. Surely you don't believe that we should give any child a 'good hiding' or even 'paste the crap' out of them when they do wrong do you?