Scariest film you've ever seen.

Burnt Offerings

Don't Look Now

Stepford Wives

Friday The 13th.

I remember being scared of a film called, What Ever Happened to Baby Jane. I think the film was in black and white. It was a very good psychological thriller. Bette Davis and Joan Crawford starred in the film. It must have been made late 50's or early 60's.

Yes that film was legend, especially the scene where Baby Jane (Bette Davis) serves her sister Blanche a rat for dinner. Bette Davis plays those roles really well. Another one of hers is called Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte and thats a scary film also.

These gave me nightmares as a kid

The Omen

The Changeling

Nightmare on Elm Street

Alien

Halloween

I agree with the Alien one, some parts of that film really gave me the willlys, you had an Idea what to expect in the one's that came after...

Someone also mentioned Jaws earlier, I found parts of the original one so tense I could hardly breath..

When I was very young "The Good Earth" with Paul Muni.

Grinder mentioned 'Quatermass and the Pit' movie on television but does anyone remember 'The Quatermass Experiment?.

I think it was in the 50's. A space ship returns from a mission, one survivor on board. Everything seems OK but the survivor has got some kind of alien virus which mutates into anything the carrier comes into physical contact with. Wouldn't you know it, but the first thing he touches is a cactus in the hospital. Then later he comes into contact with a zoo animal and other living stuff. By this time he's in a real mess and murderous with it. Great film, I've still got memory's of the thing oozing along some scaffolding.

Didn't see the first two BBC serials " The Ouatermass Eperiment 1953, and Quatermass 2 1955 we didn't have a TV till 1957, but I did see the Hammer film versions of both with Brian Donlevy as Quatermass.

I did see the Quatermass and the pit serial on BBC TV in 1958 with Andr'e Morell playing the part, And I also watched the ITVs one with John Mills as the Professor in 1979 "Quatermass the conclusion"...

Looking back I suppose you could say Quatermass was the forerunner for Dr Who......

Edited by grinder

The Fly

I was sat watching it holding the world's biggest rolled up newspaper

The Fly

I was sat watching it holding the world's biggest rolled up newspaper

Used to live in a rolled up newspaper( monty python skit) :D.

slightly off topic but does anybody remember "little red monkey" a t.v. series in the fifties? it's a bit obscure now but I'd be about 10 years old and went to an aunts to watch it as we didn't have a tele then. all I remember is running all the way home (about 100 yards!!), really scared and waiting to get my breath back otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to go again. I can't even remember what it was about but I've never forgotten the experience and the music still haunts me.

slightly off topic but does anybody remember "little red monkey" a t.v. series in the fifties? it's a bit obscure now but I'd be about 10 years old and went to an aunts to watch it as we didn't have a tele then. all I remember is running all the way home (about 100 yards!!), really scared and waiting to get my breath back otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to go again. I can't even remember what it was about but I've never forgotten the experience and the music still haunts me.

It's on IMDb. Six x 30 minute episodes, 1953. Starred Honor Blackman and Donald Houston.

You've started that tune running through my head, I'll be whistling all night now....