Scariest film you've ever seen.

thank you I can remember seeing it on the telly years ago but I've not seen it since and it was a scary program.

There were 2 versions made of Lost Hearts, the first was part of the Mystery & Imagination series [1966] which has subsequently been lost. The second was a BBC version from 1973 as part of the Ghost Story for Christmas series, a segment of which can be seen here

Any one remember seeing Quatermass and the pit on BBC TV back in 58/59.

It was about an old space craft they had discovered in Hob lane,and in the part where he enters the space craft and one of the skeletons dropped I think every body in the whole country must have jumped at the same time....

Any one remember seeing Quatermass and the pit on BBC TV back in 58/59.

It was about an old space craft they had discovered in Hob lane,and in the part where he enters the space craft and one of the skeletons dropped I think every body in the whole country must have jumped at the same time....

Superb story, the BBC screened the 1958/1959 adaptation which I saw as a 5 year old and nightmares followed! The 1967 film is also a classic, recently released in HD. Both variations can be found on Youtube and are definitely recommended.

My brother and I watched Quatermass on a little tv in the Hall where my mum was the cook. Afterwards we had to walk down a long drive to our little house. On one side of the drive were bushes, where my brother hid himself and jumped out at me as I passed.

I still haven't forgiven him!

There were 2 versions made of Lost Hearts, the first was part of the Mystery & Imagination series [1966] which has subsequently been lost. The second was a BBC version from 1973 as part of the Ghost Story for Christmas series, a segment of which can be seen here

Having watched this clip I think the one I remembered was the 1966 version but I've also seen the 73 one.

Is that the one with Ian Ogilvy? My favourite Vincent Price film is Theatre of Blood - well written, campy, and great tounge in cheek humour

Ian Ogilvy is correct. Do you know what it was called in the U.S.? 'The Conquering Worm'. Where did they get that from I wonder?

What was the one were people were replaced by things from big pods when they fell asleep.?

Invasion of the body snatchers?

Not exactly a movie but I was terrified by the original Day of the Triffids, saw it when I was about seven really freaked me out as our garden had 3 huge greenhouses and large flowers everywhere!

What was the one were people were replaced by things from big pods when they fell asleep.?
Edited by steveb1978

Oh man, when jacks alone in the bar and then it gets filled up with people and then the bar man tempting him. The little lad cycling round the corridors and the 2 girls stood there

Sat and watched it once, boring, as is just about anything with Stephen Kings name on it.

For me it has to be The Devils. I saw it with my mum at the Abbeydale Cinema in the sixties.

I wonder if anyone else remembers it?

Was Oliver Reed in the Devils? If it is the same film I remember keeping my eyes closed.

Was Oliver Reed in the Devils? If it is the same film I remember keeping my eyes closed.

Yes, he was, the film was a Ken Burns film , a guy notorious for sensationalism. The most notorious scene in this one was the nun masturbating with a crucifix, she was a pretty famous actress, can't come up with a name, might have been one of the Redgrave sisters, not sure though

No, The Devils I am referring to was a much earlier film. It was set in a boys school owned by a woman whose husband aimed to kill her by making her so scared she had a heart attack (she had a weak heart)

Just done some checking. It is available on dvd as Les Diaboliques (1955) and stars Simone Signoret

Edited by Minimo