Scariest film you've ever seen.

'Jaws' had it's moments too. On a similar subject, as a 10 year old, a school pal and myself were taken to see 'Old Yeller' although not really scary but came out after, standing in the Wicker crying in copious amounts. Never been near that film since.

Edited by stpetre
Spell

My wife was perified by "The Birds" by Alfred Hitchcock

My wife and I travelled along Abbeydale Rd on the night of the last tram which was a memorable experience, the other memorable experience on that night was visiting the Gaumont to see Psycho which for its time was a real "shocker", the scene when the detective was attacked on the stairs had me going down the stairs with him as we were in the circle. At that time the showings were continuous and a big thing was made out of the fact that people under no circumstances were allowed in during the last 10 minutes of the film.

Edited by sharrovian
change in punctuation

The most scary & thought provoking film I have ever seen is 'Shoah' by Claude Lanzberg.

The images in themselves are not scary but the thoughts you have watching the film chilled me to the bone.

Bad Days, that should never be forgotten, although Isis are recreating the same pattern of genocidal behaviour.

PopT

The only film that really disturbed me was The Premature Burial with Ray Milland

Remember seeing this film at the ABC. Salems Lot was pretty scary too.

Duel... the scary lorry that chaes the car off the road. ...never been able to watch it all the way through.

The Burning AROUND 1980`ish as a 11 year old.Scary.Obviuosly from video shop!!!

Witchcraft films are the ones that do it for me the film I remember the most is the city of the dead when we watched it back in the 60s we all ended up in the same bed.

Duel... the scary lorry that chaes the car off the road. ...never been able to watch it all the way through.

Steven Spielberg's 1st film, awesome. Met Dennis Weaver in i986 when they shot a movie at my works, very, nice man, he was.

---------- Post added 21-05-2015 at 15:31 ----------

Funny as it may seem, Scrooge scared the living daylights out of me when I first saw it at the Cinema, however the ending left me all warm and fuzzy, and still does. This could start a whole new thread i.e. favourite endings to a film, maybe another time.

Edited by TORONTONY

At 11 years old, I watched Aliens, on my own, sitting right in the middle of the living room, with the lights out.

My mates dad had a video shop on halifax road in the 80s his flat was over the shop,we were 12 year old at the time,my mate went down stairs to get a video and came back with the american werewolf in london,got to the part were hes on living room floor changing into a werewolf,ive never been so scared i was frozen on the settee..then all of a sudden,living room door opens and his dad came barging in going ape,i nearly died lol,,stuck in my mind since

When Saturday Comes....lol