Trophy/Big Game Hunting. Killing animals for fun.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

They can do alot of damage to chicken farm. I worked at a farm briefly where Mr fox was nabbing several chickens until Mr Fox had a short sharp conversation with the farmer and his shotgun. No hounds or a load of landed gentry on horses messing up the countryside required. Rats, wood pigeons, and no doubt a few others. A wild boar shot which ends up for the table i cant get too worried about. It would have had a better life than a factory farmed pig.

Hundreds of puffins that end up where, in the bin? Why?

It's a poor chicken farmer who blames foxes for nicking his birds. Really...a human being, the pinicle of life on this planet cannot construct a chicken house that a fox cannot get into?

I know people who've had chickens ate by foxes and guinea pigs but they are only doing what is natural. Just build better chicken runs/ guinea pig houses. It's a battle of wits...surely humans can win without resorting to the shotgun.

24 minutes ago, taxman said:

It's a poor chicken farmer who blames foxes for nicking his birds. Really...a human being, the pinicle of life on this planet cannot construct a chicken house that a fox cannot get into?

I know people who've had chickens ate by foxes and guinea pigs but they are only doing what is natural. Just build better chicken runs/ guinea pig houses. It's a battle of wits...surely humans can win without resorting to the shotgun.

Its a step up from horses and hounds but I take your point.

Add now I want a fried egg sarnie.

1 hour ago, gaz 786 said:

Never knew that Guinea pigs attacked chickens.... 

What??