Trophy/Big Game Hunting. Killing animals for fun.

You probably get your rocks off going round killing things on a smaller scale,maybe not,either way how can you possibly justify what he's done/doing you can't period....

Maybe, one could argue so. It is exceptionally needless to kill just for the pleasure of killing though, in my humble opinion.

I agree but we can't really judge, as the first posters did, whilst millions of us partake in the slaughter of millions of animals daily.

Same as those prats that air their disgust at the death of the animals by proclaiming how they themselves would like to kill the hunter. Sheffield forum seems to have more than its share of hypocritical prats that are quick to judge.

You probably get your rocks off going round killing things on a smaller scale,maybe not,either way how can you possibly justify what he's done/doing you can't period....

I think you should go back and read what I have put. Where have I justified this man's actions? I've called you and other posters hypocrites for writing such retarded things as:

All that death so he can look a tough guy and get his rocks off i know where i'd like to shove his gun,and i swear i wouldn't hesitate for a second,like you if i could get away with it.....

If you could get away with what? You're not condoning the death of another human being there are you. What's the difference between you and the hunter? Or what's the difference between you and say Hitler? Do you wish to kill all the people who's actions you don't like?

we can't really judge

I disagree with that. I can happily judge a man that enjoys bloodsport. I don't see it as morally equivalent to eating meat.

We try, although somewhat unsuccesfully, to make an animal's life pleasant enough in farming to justify its death. To create suffering just for our own entertainment is wrong. Dog fighting, hunting, captive bears who are beaten into dancing for crowds; they are all acts of severe cruelty.

I disagree with that. I can happily judge a man that enjoys bloodsport. I don't see it as morally equivalent to eating meat.

Disagree all you want. Whilst you, I or anybody else eats meat we have no right to complain about the actions of this man. What's he doing that you're not.

He enjoys the dirty work, we pay others to do ours. The end product is still a dead animal.

What's he doing that you're not.

[...] The end product is still a dead animal.

I'm not killing for sport. I'm killing [by proxy] for utility. That is the moral difference between the two acts. The end product for one is food, for the other it is a trophy.

I'm not killing for sport. I'm killing [by proxy] for utility. That is the moral difference between the two acts. The end product for one is food, for the other it is a trophy.

The end product is unnecessary. We don't need to eat meat, we don't need to use animal skins for clothes. Those that do eat meat and wear animal skins usually derive pleasure from it. By proxy we kill animals for pleasure not survival.

We don't need to eat meat, we don't need to use animal skins for clothes.

I agree with that. I am arguing that eating a meat has a higher moral value than simply enjoying the act of killing it. Not much higher, I agree that eating meat is murder, but it has a higher justification in that we try to make death painless and we have a use for the meat. A hunt is solely for the purpose of creating that death.

A sufferer of micropenis if ever i saw one.

You can tell from that? Golly, you must have a lot of experience with willies!

You can tell from that? Golly, you must have a lot of experience with willies!

Erm, well, erm, Not that much:suspect:

Ok, some:blush:

Disagree all you want. Whilst you, I or anybody else eats meat we have no right to complain about the actions of this man. What's he doing that you're not.

He enjoys the dirty work, we pay others to do ours. The end product is still a dead animal.

You've missed the point. Its the process not the end result...

I can understand and condone killing to eat. After all, I am not a vegetarian so therefore I have been tacitly condoning that ever since I gave up my vegan aims.

Killing for fun is an entirely different matter and if I knew that anybody killed as a hobby then that would seriously change my opinion about them. I don't know how anybody ever justifies that to themselves.

This is one of the arguments levelled against the airgun community, killing for fun. Since gun laws have been tightened and the chances of being prosecuted for airgun offences has increased it is true that there are more serious airgunners than they used to be, but vast swathes of them still shoot animals purely for the fun of it.