Why Does Promotion Go To Peoples Heads??

You are a detestable little trouble causer arent you

You are a detestable little trouble causer arent you

:hihi::hihi: :thumbsup: I really like that!

When I go into the office tomorrow morning I might say that to my assistant and see what reaction I get! :D

No it isn't OK, it shows a training gap with regards to how to deal with difficult situations. It is not however gross misconduct, which you claimed it was. The manager concerned needs help to have difficult conversations and deliver difficult messages in an efficient way that will get results.

Being rudely insubordinate is a dangerous game to play, especially if your performance merited the dressing down.

No I didnt shout in their face, I "delivered difficult messages in an efficient way" - yes, I see your point. Aslong as we use cryptic Business speak it makes verbal abuse OK and completely acceptable.:loopy:

IMO this is the action of an amateur manager, and an amateur that needs taking down a peg or two with a swift and feroucious verbal retorte.

Edited by ubermaus

No I didnt shout in their face, I "delivered difficult messages in an efficient way" - yes, I see your point. Aslong as we use cryptic Business speak it makes verbal abuse OK and completely acceptable.:loopy:

IMO this is the action of an amateur manager, and an amateur that needs taking down a peg or two with a swift and feroucious verbal retorte.

I agree it sounds like the actions of an amateur manager and they probably need help in their role.

However, some times you need to be a bit blunt, especially if someone is still doing things wrong after 30 years in the role.

:hihi::hihi: :thumbsup: I really like that!

When I go into the office tomorrow morning I might say that to my assistant and see what reaction I get! :D

:hihi::hihi:

I think it just depends on the person. Whilst working for the same company for 14yrs I had 6 promotions in total and became the head of the department.

I now have my own company and the friends that I made when I joined the other company as a junior are still my friends to this day.

Don't get me wrong! I'm not naïve enough to think they wouldn't have called me a few names during that time! :)

Six promotions! Wow, that's some layers. You should be CEO after that many.:D

Food production is rife and synonymous with cronyism and nepotism.

So you worked in the same position for the same company for 30 years and never gained promotion? Was that your choice or were you overlooked? I'd imagine someone with that amount of experience would be useful within their company and look to using that to progress themselves...

I was offered promotion a few times but I was happy and contented with my job as it was,I loved selling and without blowing my own trumpet I was pretty good at it,maybe that was why I got away with standing my ground with the bully boys!.So sour grapes I don,t think so,even though I know it's a wind up old boy!.

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 20:40 ----------

Sorry bottle top for the last remark it was meant for charmer who certainly does not live up to his forum handle,sad person!·

Six promotions! Wow, that's some layers. You should be CEO after that many.:D

It's quite easy to do when you start out being the coffee and tea maker!! :D

I was offered promotion a few times but I was happy and contented with my job as it was,I loved selling and without blowing my own trumpet I was pretty good at it,maybe that was why I got away with standing my ground with the bully boys!.So sour grapes I don,t think so,even though I know it's a wind up old boy!.

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 20:40 ----------

Sorry bottle top for the last remark it was meant for charmer who certainly does not live up to his forum handle,sad person!·

I'm not sad at all. I am an extremely lucky person to live the life I do.

I am incredibly charming, I have managed to charm more than 2 women into my bed in my life time. And one of them was relatively sober too.

However in my experience, people who claim loudest about new management are often those who have been passed over themselves.

I'm not sad at all. I am an extremely lucky person to live the life I do.

I am incredibly charming, I have managed to charm more than 2 women into my bed in my life time. And one of them was relatively sober too.

However in my experience, people who claim loudest about new management are often those who have been passed over themselves.

More likely you mean a sober relative?

And if thats the case thats wrong and so shouldnt count towards your final tally of sexual conquests.

Promotion SHOULD go to peoples heads. To be promoted means you have been raised to a higher position or rank. This means you are now superior to all those beneath you. The company obviously values you more than those of a lower pay grade. You are now in charge of the results others produce and if you want to take all the credit for their hard work to realise a fat bonus, better start shouting at them.