Cheap, decent swimming in Sheffield

Hi!

Does anyone know, which swimming pool in Sheffield is the cheapest one, and has decent, overall quality (no cold water, dirty changing rooms etc.)?

I wanted to return to my regular swimming and I've found that is very expensive in Sheffield! I used to pay 2 pounds in London for entry (adult entry, unlimited time in public, council swimming pool, without any discounts, club membership etc.). I googled swimming pools in Sheffield to compare prices and what they offer and I can see everywhere prices from 4 to 6 pounds...

Hope there is something cheaper, I like Sheffield so much!

chapel town is quite cheap or try at highstorrs i think the school has one on certain nights that is quite cheap and no membership needed

Depends when you want to swim, and what you think of as cold water.

A 3 month breakfast membership at Goodwin is £37, for example. 33m pool and it will be quiet over the summer...

Chapel town is 4 pounds for an adult.

Is there any swimming pool with prices around 2-3 pounds per entry pay-as-you go?

Regular swimming?

Twice a week = 2 x 4 = 8 times a month.

Virgin off peak membership = >£40 = >£5 a visit.

If you go any more than that you're quids in. AND if you fancy a class or two or using the gym and sauna its no extra cost

'Unlimited' at anyone of several council pools (4?) is even cheaper, including the above.

Ralph, you were either very lucky in London or you are way out of date. I don't know of anywhere in Sheffield where you can swim that cheaply on a pay-as-you-go basis.

I swim 3 or 4 times a week and I can only afford that by having a gym membership. £37 for 3 months is as good as you will get anywhere and means swimming is around £1 a time for 3 sessions a week.

I don't think I was lucky or it's outdated. It was half year ago when I was swimming in London Swiss cottage swimming pool and it was just 2 pounds per session.

http://www.better.org.uk/leisure/swiss-cottage-leisure-centre

All "Better" swimming pools belong to council and all of them have usually the same price. There might be many reasons why swimming in Sheffield is little more expensive as I can see.

Thank you very much for all of these links, I think I'll give it a try. I'm not gonna give up with swimming only because it's little more expensive here :)

I don't think I was lucky or it's outdated. It was half year ago when I was swimming in London Swiss cottage swimming pool and it was just 2 pounds per session.

http://www.better.org.uk/leisure/swiss-cottage-leisure-centre

All "Better" swimming pools belong to council and all of them have usually the same price. There might be many reasons why swimming in Sheffield is little more expensive as I can see.

The £2 swimming at Swiss Cottage is a concessionary price - normal swimming prices are much higher. For over 60's swimming in Sheffield (https://www.sivltd.com/activity/swimming), only Heeley offer a concession for the elderly - £2.40 off-peak. Might be a good enough pool for you?:D

Hmm you might be right. I worked for guide dogs and used to swim at swiss cottage with my blind friend, so maybe I had some discounts without knowing about them. I've been in another, much smaller swimming pool which is located about 10-15 minutes from Ealing, and I had to pay 2 pounds, it was "Better" council swimming pool, so I thought the price in this small swimming pool and swiss cottage is the same :)

Stocksbridge is now £3.50 off peak and £4.50 peak.

Not sure when peak times are as website near useless and doesn't tell you so if any body knows please post. Next time i'm there i will ask if i can remember.

I go mid week daytime and its been lovely and quiet.

Their current time table seems to have big gaps in the middle of the day and overlaps like ladies only on and public swimming on Mondays.

I don't know why they have an over 50's, they are excluding a lot of possible customers, i'm ok but i like to take my young girlfrend with me (in my dreams) but seriously i can't take the missus as she hasn't passed that milestone yet, i told her we should try and get in as she will pass as an over 50 year old - some sight is slowly returning in my left eye.

Looking at concords website it says £3.75 but an extra £3 per adult without a lifecard? what ever one of those is, for some one who wants to go once a week for about 45 mins at £6.75 i think is extortionate, i'll be swimming in the Don first. If any body can clarify and has any experience of how busy it gets would appreciate.

Any up to date info on chapletown? prices and how busy?

Is Upperthorpe still there and any info on that?

Any other swimming baths with a proper swimming pool for swimming decent lengths in the north of Sheffield (slow swimmer - lane swimming if roped off would need passing places if i had to share it with Duncan Goodhew). I have never tried the new Hillsborough one but am told it's only a small pool and there is usually some aqua aerobics or something happening.