Cakes for all you bigots

And in the top 5 topics this morning:

Bigots

Racists

Terrorists

Muslims.

Any chance of something more original? Miserable whingers. :)

so you are whinging about whingers that very original

I wonder if they would have made the cake if a straight couple wanted the following printed on their cake:

'5 years loving together, partner'

Fornication would be against their Christian religious beliefs as well, no doubt.

I wonder if they would have made the cake if a straight couple wanted the following printed on their cake:

'5 years loving together, partner'

Fornication would be against their Christian religious beliefs as well, no doubt.

Probaby not - but if it said

"4 hours of fornication - lovely" they may not have done it

---------- Post added 20-05-2015 at 23:02 ----------

Or four minutes in many cases :hihi:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-32791239

Why do some people have to be dragged into the 21st century?

Now I have an issue with this. Yes they may be homophobes. And yes they are stupid for refusing to cater for an up and coming market. They are in the cake industry and now a new group of people (gay men and women) want to buy wedding cakes so why arnt they selling these cakes. Is their own religeos ethos stopping them from earning a tidy extra profit.

However at the same time we shouldnt go round telling people what they can and cannot sell. You cant force a business to make a product by law. Its ridiculous.

Its different to the hotelier who refused a gay couple. That was discrimination on the grounds of orientation. However these are not refusing to sell to gay couples. They are refusing to make cakes that reference gay marriage. They are just not supplying a particular product and no matter what our views are they should be free to do so. As we shouldnt go around telling businesses what products to make or sell.

But supporting the idea of gay marriage is not illegal.

But it's not legally compulsory either.

so you are whinging about whingers that very original

Oooh! Rock on Tommy.

That's the key difference isn't it. Refusing them service for being gay is clearly illegal. Refusing them a specific cake but happily selling them another cake is not (to my mind) discrimination based on their sexual orientation.

Agree with that totally.

I think the judge has got this wrong and I hope there is an appeal.

If a gay man goes into a cake shop and asks for 'change the age of consent because 10 year old boys are sexy' on a cake then is it discrimination to refuse? If not then why not? What's the difference?

If the person who made the service request had not been gay then the judge couldn't have ruled that this was sex discrimination because the Act is there to protect people from discrimination and not opinions. It cannot possibly be right that it is illegal to refuse a homosexual a service request but legal to refuse a heterosexual the exact same service request. Whatever your opinion on gay marriage - I'm all for it - the judgement fails the equality test and needs to be overturned.

It is completely irrelevant whether the cake maker looked for an excuse to refuse to serve. All that matters is whether there is a valid excuse... and there is.

There was a good piece about this on Have I Got News for You on Friday.

I think they'll probably win. I support Gay marriage but I don't think people should be forced to say they do, when they don't, as in printing on a cake.

If we have a situation where businesses are forced to do things in the name of equality we're on a sticky wicket... Would a Polish Bakers be forced to print a UKIP emblem with a message sayin End Immigration... or what about a Muslim one being forced to print a picture of the Prophet on one?