Cheap Dog Walker/Belly Rub Provider Needed in Meersbrook

Hi,

I am looking for a dog walker/sitter in Meersbrook that can come round to my house about lunch time Mon-Fri and either walk the dog to the park and around and back (20 mins tops) or let her out for a wee in the garden and spend 20 mins giving her a belly rub.

She's almost 12 but has the energy of a puppy (for the first 5 mins) then gets knackered.

I don't have much money but I can pay £65 a month.

It would be 15-20 mins work a day.

Would suit student, teenager or older person.

If you can help, please let me know by replying or sending me a text on 07514606779

Thanks

Please check you have somebody with a Dbs / insurance and check able references

Please check you have somebody with a Dbs / insurance and check able references

I doubt you would get a professional dog walker for that money .

I have all three (insurance,DBS,REF) and do dog walking in s18

But I would have to agree experienced , insured , DBS and references a must if possible . And someone that actually loves dogs !

You would probably be better with a trusted retired neighbour who loves dogs if you have not much money .

Edited by rubydo1

I doubt you would get a professional dog walker for that money .

I have all three (insurance,DBS,REF) and do dog walking in s18

But I would have to agree experienced , insured , DBS and references a must if possible . And someone that actually loves dogs !

You would probably be better with a trusted retired neighbour who loves dogs .

Somebody that is well known and trustworthy

I had a professional dog walker previously who charged me £80 a month to come for an hour 3 times a week. Unfortunately, he wasn't providing her with the full hour I was paying for and sometimes didn't turn up at all. I couldn't afford to keep it up so I am trying to get an option that will help both myself and someone local in Meersbrook. I wouldn't let just anyone into my house and especially not to look after my dog. Anyone I choose will be fully vetted by me and my partner and the dog. I don't have a lot of money but at £7 for 30 mins, I don't have much choice other than leaving her on her own all day which is unfair.

A friend of mine used a dog walker for her lab,I commented to her he was putting on weight ,she said well he gets a good walk.One day she came home from work ill and went straight to bed,she heard the walker let himself in then within minutes went out again,she went downstairs and he had come in moved the leash to the other side of the kitchen and went back out again..She had no idea how long he had been doing it.

A friend of mine used a dog walker for her lab,I commented to her he was putting on weight ,she said well he gets a good walk.One day she came home from work ill and went straight to bed,she heard the walker let himself in then within minutes went out again,she went downstairs and he had come in moved the leash to the other side of the kitchen and went back out again..She had no idea how long he had been doing it.

That's why you must above all things make sure they love dogs . A true dog lover would never do that . I use walk reports and try to change the route every day.

I have to say I would find it very hard to use a dog walker for my own dogs (fortunately I don't need one) I would have to really trust them before I'd let anyone near my dogs .

That's why you must above all things make sure they love dogs . A true dog lover would never do that . I use walk reports and try to change the route every day.

I have to say I would find it very hard to use a dog walker for my own dogs (fortunately I don't need one) I would have to really trust them before I'd let anyone near my dogs .

I have to agree with you,a few shots on facebook of dogs walking and such,people can make you see what you want to see.

I am not saying they are all the same ,there will be some really good trustworthy ones out there but how do you find them.

I have to agree with you,a few shots on facebook of dogs walking and such,people can make you see what you want to see.

I am not saying they are all the same ,there will be some really good trustworthy ones out there but how do you find them.

True , word of mouth is best way . Plus meet them first see how your dogs react , dogs are the best judge of character ;) . And if they don't ask you any questions be suspicious, a good dog walker needs to know as much about your pooch as possible .

True , word of mouth is best way . Plus meet them first see how your dogs react , dogs are the best judge of character ;) . And if they don't ask you any questions be suspicious, a good dog walker needs to know as much about your pooch as possible .

Yes they will but most of this knowledge we learn by spending time with the doggies , they can react differently with another person too . Also ask around the local area who see which dog walkers and when etc

A good dog walker will have insurance , CRB/ DBS and checkable references from local customers , Also if you know a neighbour who uses a dog walker ask them about theirs.

Edited by teeny

Yes they will but most of this knowledge we learn by spending time with the doggies , they can react differently with another person too . Also ask around the local area who see which dog walkers and when etc

A good dog walker will have insurance , CRB/ DBS and checkable references from local customers , Also if you know a neighbour who uses a dog walker ask them about theirs.

:thumbsup: True , because sometimes people don't always tell you the truth about their dogs, only spending time with them is the sure way of knowing

their little quirks :D

:thumbsup: True , because sometimes people don't always tell you the truth about their dogs, only spending time with them is the sure way of knowing

their little quirks :D

very true , I have some lovely dogs i have walked for years now