Labour Leader to face vote of no confidence.

Jim Murphy might only have been Labour leader in Scotland for a few months, but it looks like he is being used as a scapegoat by the party for its annihilation at the hands of the SNP. He is to face a vote of no confidence. Perhaps the party should face a vote of no policies.

Labour will bounce back in Scotland. The SNP wont be riding high forever. The Scottish parliament will resemble the Chinese congress soon when its full of SNP members, and blaming Westminster for things going wrong will start to wear thin after a while.

Labour will bounce back in Scotland. The SNP wont be riding high forever. The Scottish parliament will resemble the Chinese congress soon when its full of SNP members, and blaming Westminster for things going wrong will start to wear thin after a while.

I don't know, Labour in Scotland have dined out on that for years. The SNP just stole their trick.

---------- Post added 16-05-2015 at 14:26 ----------

He is standing down.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-32760196

Scottish Labour leader Jim Murphy is resign next month, he has announced.

Good to see the BBC championing the English Language :hihi:

Edited by Berberis

Jim Murphy might only have been Labour leader in Scotland for a few months, but it looks like he is being used as a scapegoat by the party for its annihilation at the hands of the SNP. He is to face a vote of no confidence. Perhaps the party should face a vote of no policies.
I bet your reight glad :roll:

I bet your reight glad :roll:

The electorate have spoken. Do you think his supporters will march around Edinburgh with placards saying "SNP out"?

The electorate have spoken. Do you think his supporters will march around Edinburgh with placards saying "SNP out"?

"SNP oot" actually

#Alan Hartley

I think you are right to an extent.....but the days of Maxton, Gallacher,Shinwell,the ILP,Red Clydeside etc , have, I'm afraid, gone for ever.

The Nats are in power and the rump of the Scottish Labour Party (or what's left of it) , will have to lick its wounds and decide if it will ever be a viable force in Scotland again.

I, personally, think they're stuffed.

I, personally, think they're stuffed.

Which: Labour, SNP, Scotland, or all three?

Jimmy Krankie and her SNP..............what can you say?

I can say this! revel in the sunlight for a while, because your left wing takeover will not last,it never does!.....the wealthy and the better educated always win,just a fact of life.The wealthy and the educated are now numerous and lots of the old revolution stuff bandied about is water off a ducks back.Its now a new world and the SNP has a limited lifespan........but enjoy it while you can and opposition is always healthy!

...because your left wing takeover will not last,it never does!.....the wealthy and the better educated always win,just a fact of life.The wealthy and the educated are now numerous...

It's great to hear you're so optimistic about the future.

Maggie Thatcher's flying monkeys are usually bitching on about how they're outnumbered by poor folk and immigrants (or even poor immigrants)

Jimmy Krankie and her SNP..............what can you say?

I can say this! revel in the sunlight for a while, because your left wing takeover will not last,it never does!.....the wealthy and the better educated always win,just a fact of life.The wealthy and the educated are now numerous and lots of the old revolution stuff bandied about is water off a ducks back.Its now a new world and the SNP has a limited lifespan........but enjoy it while you can and opposition is always healthy!

Once the Nationalists get independence, (which they will),their demise will quickly follow.

Once the Nationalists get independence, (which they will),their demise will quickly follow.

Maybe.

Also: the Union of the Crowns [1603]- and later Union of the countries [1707]- happened because Scotland could not pay its debts.

See http://www.britroyals.com/union.htm for historical notes.