Gazumping : How common is it ? What kind of person does it ?

You can't exchange any quicker than the searches and solicitoring rigmarole can be completed. And it's rather duplicitous to keep a house on the market after you've accepted an offer IMO.

There clearly are other alternatives, it doesn't work this way in Scotland.

If you look on the internet i believe you can take an insurance out to cover some things if they are holding a sale up .Mr Shaw would of course be the person to explain this . :suspect:

You can't exchange any quicker than the searches and solicitoring rigmarole can be completed. And it's rather duplicitous to keep a house on the market after you've accepted an offer IMO.

There clearly are other alternatives, it doesn't work this way in Scotland.

You are looking for an answer that doesn't exist. It isn't duplicitous at all because there is no contract and you've only bought/sold when a contract is signed.

Scotland is no different really. Until the missives are finished either party can pull out, change the price, etc so it's no different to the period before exchange here.

So stop moaning about it not being right. If you are organised you won't miss out. Just exchange straight away and it's yours.

You are looking for an answer that doesn't exist. It isn't duplicitous at all because there is no contract and you've only bought/sold when a contract is signed.

Scotland is no different really. Until the missives are finished either party can pull out, change the price, etc so it's no different to the period before exchange here.

So stop moaning about it not being right. If you are organised you won't miss out. Just exchange straight away and it's yours.

YES youre right more time wasters in house buying than a little . For every one that is a genuine buyer 5 are time wasters. :suspect:

You're repeating what I said pages ago. Quite clearly I understand that.

And Jeffrey (who works in the area) has said that a pre sale contract is entirely possible.

You can't exchange straight away, unless you wish to entirely skip conveyancing, which opens you up to all kinds of risks. :roll:

Presumably at the age of 14 you don't own a house and probably never will, hence why you think it can be completed quickly.

Edited by Cyclone

Funny man. I've bought and sold more than you could imagine over the last 30 years and I've viewed, exchanged and completed within 7 days on more than one occasion.

Ask Jeffrey how you can exchange quickly if you won't believe me. You'll get an education. No pre sale contract required.

More than I can imagine.

I can imagine a really large number, do you buy and sell multiple houses every day? Because if not you've lost on that one, I'm imaging you buying and selling 3 houses a day, every day, right now!

You explain then, how do you get conveyancing done within 7 days? Particularly a few years ago before it mostly went electronic.

Or do you skip it and take the risk?

I think it is duplicitous. No one with any honour should gazump (or gazunder) anyone. Do you think someones word shouldn`t be worth anything ?

As I explained already Justin, my friend gazzumped recently, he wasn't even aware that the vendor had already accepted an offer. I don't think he can be blamed in any way. The vendor and estate agent kept the house on the market and he wasn't told about the previously accepted offer until he'd made his own offer.

The way they are doing it now is that when there is someone interested they pretend a cash buyer wants it and pretend it is sold they then ring you up a few week later and telly you the property is back on market for you only if you're still interested at a stupid price.

More than I can imagine.

I can imagine a really large number, do you buy and sell multiple houses every day? Because if not you've lost on that one, I'm imaging you buying and selling 3 houses a day, every day, right now!

You explain then, how do you get conveyancing done within 7 days? Particularly a few years ago before it mostly went electronic.

Or do you skip it and take the risk?

Insurance :|

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 12:09 ----------

I think it is duplicitous. No one with any honour should gazump (or gazunder) anyone. Do you think someones word shouldn`t be worth anything ?

If you cant stand the heat dont go near the fire. :love:

Insurance :|

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 12:09 ----------

If you cant stand the heat dont go near the fire. :love:

What area do you live in spider? Wanna make sure I don't end up trying to buy your house... :hihi:

Ask Jeffrey how you can exchange quickly if you won't believe me. You'll get an education. No pre sale contract required.

While I *do* believe you Eric, Jeffrey, would you please educate us on us how you can you exchange quickly with no pre sales contract required?

Edited by Spacebadger
Corrected name