Who sells the freshest fruit & veg in sheffield?

On multiple occasions I have bought things from Just Natural and found them to be mouldy when I got home. This has happened on Strawberries, Blueberries and Raspberries.

I like the shop but there is no way it is even close to being the freshest fruit and veg shop in Sheffield. There are two fresher (Sainsbury's and Co-op) that are across the road.

Most of them will buy from the same wholesaler daily so probably doesn't make a difference...

Just looking at some of the produce you can tell it's been sat somewhere for a few days, some of this is flogged at a discount but much is sold as fresh. Yet to find a stall or shop that always has produce fresh from the wholesalers.

I like osamans on London road, cheap, good variety, decent quality, and their own fresh bread at back. Also 24hr! Excellent shop!

Surely the market.

don,t use the market absolutely rubbish bought strawberries on saturday threw them all in the bin sunday, mouldy.

don,t use the market absolutely rubbish bought strawberries on saturday threw them all in the bin sunday, mouldy.

Which stall? They are different businesses.

All Seasons off Neepsend Lane, on the industrial estate just above CEF. Excellent quality.

There probably isn't much difference in terms of freshness between greengrocers. As someone pointed out already - they will nearly all buy wholesale from the market off the Parkway. The real difference is in quality.

Some greengrocers buy cheap to keep prices down, whilst others will go for quality because there customer can afford it and are willing to pay for it. Therefore, the best places to get fresh, quality fruit and veg are places where the clientele are more willing to dig deeper into there pockets! I can recommend Martin Scriven's greengrocers in Totley.

Keep it local and from small businesses, the market at the moor would probably offer good value.

Or start a subscription with a local farmer that will knock the price down.

use thorpes farms on facebook order over £10 get free delivery i buy from them every week. Beautiful and fresh every time x