Cheap Tablet Recommendations

Hi all

Was wondering if someone could recommend a cheap tablet for my young son please. Was wanting an Android one as i'm used to it but am open to suggestions. Don't want to spend a lot as it'll no doubt be dropped and scratched, will only really be used for games.

Thanks.

This just popped up on a page on Facebook:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-mobile-nokia-lumia-530-linx-7-tablet-bundle/436-8304.prd?sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1503186

Apparently it's only £79 if you use the code TDX-HGMR

EDIT: Sorry, just realised it's Windows!

Edited by Locksley

Thanks Locksley, worth having a look at. I onky said Android as that's why my phone uses.

Go onto Amazon and theres loads of Tablets plus you can read peoples Opinions about the Tablet,All Winner are not bad

The Tesco hudl 2 is probably the best reasonably priced one.

The cheap,Chinese ones from Amazon are useless - crap screens and carp battery life.

Alternatively you can get a refurbed iPad mini 2 from Apple for £199.

The cheap,Chinese ones from Amazon are useless - crap screens and carp battery life.

Depends on which Chinese ones you buy.

I have now got a PIPO P4, quad core Rockchip RK3288 1.8ghz, Mali T764 GPU, 8.9" 1920x1220 Samsung IPS/PLS Screen, 16GB Rom, 2GB Ram and with a good battery time. The usual Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,GPS, 2MP front and 8MP back camera all for less than £120.

The only let down is the sound as it only has 1 internal speaker but its stereo out on headphones.

I would recommend the Nexus 7 or Tesco Hudl 2 (both are FullHD and run games smoothly).

You can also have a look at a ]list (mbreviews.com/the-best-tablets-under-200-part-1/) of the best budget tablets here so you make a comparison yourself for which is the best tablet for your son.

My daughter uses a Samsung tablet, think it was about 80ish.

Tesco Hudl 2 is the class leader in budget tablets, you can get some re-conditioned ones on Tecsco Online for 20 quid less than normal.

Can't really beat that for value IMO.