Blues Legend BB King Dead

Fond memories of seeing him play twice, once at a festival and once in concert at Ahoy Rotterdam. Amazing skill.

Yeah, he was a giant of a bluesman.

Rip to b b king. Another great singer gone

Edited by rudds1

Threads merged.

Thank you.

Never a huge fan, but greatly respected his work ethic. Just a consumate professional.

Musically, a giant, but I can't listen to too much of his music.

I've seen a few people post tributes to him on Facebook this morning, with a Youtube link to Stand By Me.

Aren't they getting him confused with Ben E. King?

I wondered when the social media numpties would be getting their wires crossed in their rush to post tributes.

One of the last of his kind, so many artists and bands owe their careers to the likes of BB King and all the other blues greats. They were pioneers. Will not see the like of them again.

"Growing up on the plantation there in Mississippi, I would work Monday through Saturday noon. I'd go to town on Saturday afternoons, sit on the street corner, and I'd sing and play.

"I'd have me a hat or box or something in front of me. People that would request a gospel song would always be very polite to me, and they'd say: 'Son, you're mighty good. Keep it up. You're going to be great one day.' But they never put anything in the hat.

"But people that would ask me to sing a blues song would always tip me and maybe give me a beer. They always would do something of that kind. Sometimes I'd make 50 or 60 dollars one Saturday afternoon. Now you know why I'm a blues singer."

Legends never Die,

As a 37yr old I really only started to appreciate blues about 2 yrs ago.

Recently watched an old Crossroads event on VH1 and BB King was part of it, so wished I'd been there.

I saw him a lot of years ago when he was at the top of his game. It is a pity he carried on too long. Perhaps it gave folk a chance to see him play. In his prime he was epic.