If 66 percent of people wanted me off sheffield forum..

Would all those screaming unfair unfair be saying so if Labour had won.

Where you all screaming unfair unfair during the Labour wins of 1997, 2001, 2005 where more voted for some other party than Labour.

It's all coming across as Tories win and it's so unfair.

Under a PR system the Tories would still have had the most seats but would have had to work with other parties to govern - more complicated, yes, but much fairer to the millions who didn't vote for them - since when in British politics has one size (party) fitted or suited all?

Under a PR system the Tories would still have had the most seats but would have had to work with other parties to govern - more complicated, yes, but much fairer to the millions who didn't vote for them - since when in British politics has one size (party) fitted or suited all?

Under PR, the cons would have had the most seats, but not enough to command the house. Even going into a coalition with The LibDems, DUP and UKIP they would still have been short of a few seats. Likewise Labour, SNP, PC, Greens and Lib Dems would also have not had enough seats to command the house.

Under PR, we would still be without a government now and the likelihood of another election would be very high.

Ime thinking of taking bets they wont last that long.

Even better. Not only can the members of SF not get over the fact the Tories are in power (note I didn't say won), but they're clutching at straws in the vain hope there will be another election.

I'll never forget the "coalition won't last six weeks" spiel certain members posted!

Sheffield really needs to get over its hatred and move on. People blame the council for holding the city back. I think some people need to take a step back and look at themselves.

Even better. Not only can the members of SF not get over the fact the Tories are in power (note I didn't say won), but they're clutching at straws in the vain hope there will be another election.

I'll never forget the "coalition won't last six weeks" spiel certain members posted!

Sheffield really needs to get over its hatred and move on. People blame the council for holding the city back. I think some people need to take a step back and look at themselves.

Agreed its time to move on. We got what we got for the next 5 years whether we like it or not.

You get my vote Geoff Tim! ;)

Thank you, my memory is not great, but good enough to know who supports me and even better for remembering who is against me ;)

Yeah, just whining.

I also do not remember con supporters taking to the streets in 1997 and defacing war memorials.

Just saying.

Because in 1997 they got blitzed and in blair, even mild tories were happy. Just saying.

I think PR is coming. Its been murmured that the main parties won't introduce it because it wouldn't benefit them. I think they will promise it because the majority of the people want it. It may be after the next election though. They'll think of some excuse not to before the election but it will be in their manifestos as a carrot to vote for them. If one does but the other doesn't it will be a good way to encourage support.

We need PR so parties like the Greens, Ukip and others all have a voice, that's democracy. Germany has had coalition governments since the war and they've done very well..

I see Chucka has bottled it and pulled out of the election for Labour leadership..

Wasn't that Wednesday1 and "Six Months". He never conceded he was wrong. I suppose that's a usual trait of the blinkered left. He posted so many pro Labour posts predicting a Labour landslide etc etc. Bless him :D

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 11:00 ----------

Because in 1997 they got blitzed and in blair, even mild tories were happy. Just saying.

are you saying these people protesting and defacing war memories as mild labour supporters?

I think PR is coming. Its been murmured that the main parties won't introduce it because it wouldn't benefit them. I think they will promise it because the majority of the people want it. .

That is an odd conclusion to draw 4 years after we had a referendum on electoral reform and the electorate said they didn't want it.

That is an odd conclusion to draw 4 years after we had a referendum on electoral reform and the electorate said they didn't want it.

But it wasn't PR that was voted against. The vote was against AV.

'AV is not proportional representation and in certain electoral conditions, such as landslides, can produce a more disproportional result than First Past the Post (FPTP) - See more at: http://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/alternative-vote#sthash.iE17fYz7.dpuf'

I agree 19 million voted. Who's to say that they weren't predominantly Labour and Tories. 6 Million voted in favour of reform. I don't know the maths but is that similar to the GE result in terms of percentages who voted for the main two parties..?

The issue is now covered more with MPs from all sides agreeing change is needed. So lets hope the next referendum on the issue has a better turn out for reform..

Perhaps if we had that referendum again people might vote differently....