Springsteen - Manchester

i'm going! wooooooooooohooooooooooooo! (sorry...) ;)

Question? - the tickets for the Amsterdam gig are up on Ticketmaster next week - can you purchase tickets from outside the Netherlands via Ticketmaster?

I'm going too! My uncle managed to get 4 tickets at 9.01am! Horrah! Very excited!

Off to Manchester - yipee!

Seen him many times and he is amazing live!

I'm going too! My uncle managed to get 4 tickets at 9.01am! Horrah! Very excited!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Take it one of those 4 isnt for me then :(

Hey Duff,

I didn't buy the tickets darlin, so have no control over who gets them. I did however mention to my unc that you would like the 4th ticket if its available!

Hope ure OK.x

apparently local youths were queueing up and buying tickets, then passing them on to the touts who'd put them up to it in exchange for their cut.

A week to go!

Heard the new album yet?

I can't wait!

I got the album the day b4 it was released (through Badlands) and I LOVE it! Brucey sounds so cheery and relaxed. My fave has to be 'My Oklahoma Home'.

It'll b a great night.

Review of the New Orleans gig (courtesy of Backstreets)

FIRST WE TAKE NEW ORLEANS

Fresh out of the gate and in the birthplace of their sonic gumbo, Bruce and his new band let the good times roll

Quite an important night for Springsteen -- when's the last time he really had to prove himself to an audience? Closing out the first weekend of JazzFest, following Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint, it was to a decidedly non-partisan crowd; Bruce wasn't preaching to the choir for the first time in a long time, he had a brand new band to boot, and this their first non-rehearsal show. The Seeger Sessions Band was a 20-piece crew again tonight, with all six horns, and as one longtime fan told us -- fascinated to watch them win over the non-Bruce crowd -- "they sold some records tonight!" Yes, on this humid New Orleans evening, Bruce and his band more than met the challenge, playing the sun into the ground for a two-hour set that had the slow-to-come-along crowd eventually eating out of the palm of his hand. Springsteen was up against the Meters, perhaps the quintessential JazzFest band -- so it's a good thing he turned in a quintessential performance, one which demonstrated exactly why he's got that legendary live rep. Calls of "blow'd away!" came from the audience during "My Oklahoma Home," but it was "Jacob's Ladder" that was probably the turning point when he took control of the crowd. By the encore, he was egging them on as if it were the second false ending of "Badlands." "I ain't feeling the love!" Bruce cried, and the untrained audience poured it on. Earlier in the show, in a quip before show highlight "How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live?," he dedicated the song to "President Bystander." Springsteen also talked about getting to town the previous day and heading down to the lower 9th: "I saw some things I never thought I'd see in an American city." The emotional "My City of Ruins" that began the encore might as well have been written on that visit; during the song, the whole packed fairgrounds field had hands in the air. Bruce was clearly touched by the spontaneous reaction from this particular crowd; you could see it on his face, and he stepped to the mic and said, "Yes, yes, yes... Yes, yes, yes." "You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)," the last of only four originals of the night and an obscure one at that, had 'em all going nuts and singing along. And closing the show, naturally, was "When the Saints Go Marching In." Bruce talked about going through an old songbook and finding some verses he hadn't known existed, said they'd play the song "even though there are 100 bands in the city that can do it better than we can," and dedicated the performance to the city of New Orleans. A night to be proud you're a fan. Yes, yes, yes. Next stop: The European tour begins in Dublin on Friday.

Looking good for Sunday:)

That review made me go all goosepimpley! Thanx for posting it Teabag.

Its gonna be fantastic, I have no doubt!

As anyone been to Manchester arena before?

we're thinking of going quite early on sunday and maybe getting something to eat before the gig - is the arena situated near to places where you can get something to eat and drink?